Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi not working on OSX 10.11.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Loaded Kodi into MacPRO with 3 screens and after that did not work tried it on MacBookPro with same result.

Could not get Kodi Menu to work. It gets covered by the Kodi display

Tried the Kodi dashboard via mission control and menu there also would not work. It jus would not respond to menu.

Deleted Kodi then reloaded and it works fine now. What was the problem -- unknown. But now I hava a question, if I use Kodi full screen on one display is there a controller I can use on a second display?
What exactly is the behavior. Doesn't work is not an explanation. (i and alot of other users are running Kodi on 10.11.6).
I am having issues with Kodi. Running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63). Kodi kept crashing my system and I uninstalled it by deleting Kodi folder and files in Library. However, everytime I reinstall (fresh) the same problem occurs. I do not know what is wrong really.
debug log (wiki) for both of you ...
(2016-09-24, 13:50)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]debug log (wiki) for both of you ...
How can I have the debug log when Kodi doesn't even start? For the time being I have uninstalled Kodi by deleting the folder in user/library/addon support/. I have done this many times and everytime I reinstall Kodi and launch it my Mac crushes.
Are you sure your osx crashes? You were not very specific when and what crashes so it could have been very possible that kodi had already started the log file. Also which version of kodi do you try to run?

Kodi 17 needs osx 10.8 at the least. If kodi crashes - i need a crashlog. If the system crashes (meaning the mac restarts) - i have no clue how to help any further because this should never happen and osx is supposed to prevent this on its own.
(2016-09-24, 23:19)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure your osx crashes? You were not very specific when and what crashes so it could have been very possible that kodi had already started the log file. Also which version of kodi do you try to run?

Kodi 17 needs osx 10.8 at the least. If kodi crashes - i need a crashlog. If the system crashes (meaning the mac restarts) - i have no clue how to help any further because this should never happen and osx is supposed to prevent this on its own.
i reinstalled Kodi v16.1 “Jarvis” but as soon I launched it it crashed my Mac (OS X version 10.7.5). After trying hard to restart my Mac I checked on user/library/ but could not find Kodi folder. I have so far not deleted Kodi but I don't dare click it open as I am afraid the Mac will crash again. It is really a pain to reboot.
no others reported something like this yet - nothing we do in kodi should ever be able to crash the operating system...
(2016-09-26, 20:52)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]no others reported something like this yet - nothing we do in kodi should ever be able to crash the operating system...
That is strange though. It happens in my case. I will try to get a log report. I do not not know how and when, but when I get it I will send it.
Regards.