Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: android marshmallow and VPN problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a strange problem. I have kodi in my laptop and in a android box running android 4.4. My family liked kodi so i bought 3 Kodi boxes running android 6.
We like to watch Brazilian TV and I use an addon called Globo.com.
I have PIa vpn connected to Brazil because without it i cannot login to globo.com.
however, all my new boxes are blocking my login into globo and i cannot figure out why. the new boxes are all different, the only thing they have in common is android 6.
Does anyone have any ideas what else can i try? i already unistall and reisntall kodi from the old and new box reinstall globo.com just to be sure i am using the same build. i do not know what else to try.
thank you for your help.[/size][/size]
adding to the previous post...
i enable the log viewer and i see the error but i do not know how to fix it. the error is "insecurePlatformWarning. A true SSLContext object is not available . This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and my cause certain SSL connection to fail".
I already install Kodi 16.1 three times. How can i fix this problem?
thank you
(2016-09-24, 22:03)tephra1 Wrote: [ -> ]adding to the previous post...
i enable the log viewer and i see the error but i do not know how to fix it. the error is "insecurePlatformWarning. A true SSLContext object is not available . This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and my cause certain SSL connection to fail".
I already install Kodi 16.1 three times. How can i fix this problem?
thank you

You have to ask the manufacturer of your tv boxes to fix it.
It might lso be you VPN provider not working correctly.
Thank you for your reply.
And yes, i did speak with PIA and they told me that error has nothing to do with VPN.
Update... I tried to install Globo.com on Kodi 17 and it does not work at all. I select globo.com -> live and nothing... I get a black screen instead of the next menu.