Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tvheadend 4.2 and missing ATSC closed caption on recorded content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

With the recent Millhouse LibreELEC nightlies (Kodi 17 beta) and tvheadend 4.2, I am recording ATSC OTA broadcasts.

If I watch live TV, ATSC closed captioning works. When I playback recording content, closed captioning does not work "teletext not available". When I used VLC to playback recorded content from the tvheadend web backend via .m3u file, closed captioning in VLC works fine.

So the recorded content kept the ATSC closed captioning, and clearly LibreELEC can show them with live TV, has anybody gotten ATSC closed captioning to work with the tvheadend PVR client for recorded content? Would this be a Kodi 17 issue?

Thanks
I think it is a Kodi issue, and when parsing for CC streams is on, it only does so for live streams. I believe this is related to the issues with playing back recordings-in-progress and seeking beyond the present cause the playback to stop: Kodi plays live TV streams differently from all other content, but only *live* streams, not recorded.
I'd like to know how LibreELEC has TVHeadend 4.2 when you can't even download that version from the TVHeadend web site (unless they have it well hidden). I didn't even think it was out yet.
(2016-09-25, 06:29)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to know how LibreELEC has TVHeadend 4.2 when you can't even download that version from the TVHeadend web site (unless they have it well hidden). I didn't even think it was out yet.

Built it from source themselves ?
They are probably using 4.1 builds, which eventually will become 4.2. However, there is no such thing as Tvheadend 4.2.
LibreELEC repo has 4.2 (but it is 4.1.xxxx)