Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sluggish remote issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run kodi on Raspberry Pi, x86_32 bit, and 64 bit linux. With ALL versions I have very similar issues since version 16 .

When I am in Video Playback say a filmon or youtube video , the remote becomes very unresponsive . Sometimes I have to press a button several times.

There are some Australian streams for BigPond Music Videos and Bigpond movies(trailers) in WVC format and these are the worst. I most always have to use a keyboard to stop them.

If I go to a filmon channel using any addon that supports filmon and the channel has been removed I get FOTV and this channel/stream also exhibits the problem horribly

My CPU usage is not abnormal nor is memory usage .

This problem started with the version 16 upgrade

I have used the same remote files since version 13 with only minor modifications.

My observation however is the problem is far less severe with a USB MCE receiver than with an integrated CIR receiver or GPIO receiver. Somehow the USB receiver (at least the one I use) seems more immune to the issue.

I have also tested with the following remotes with similar results

xbox one
xbox 360
sony MCE remote
toshiba MCE remote

any pointers appreciated.