Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to select / force 1080p output on Kodi Krypton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have a 4k projector (Sony VW520ES) and with recent update to Kodi Krypton I cannot seem to be able to output a 1080p signal anymore... it seems to always stay in the 2160p mode. Even when playing 1080p videos, it outputs it as a 2160p signal??
The problem for me is that this way I cannot play any 3D movies; so the projector requires 3D to be in a 1080p signal (e.g. SBS) and then will switch to a proper 3D RF signal for the glasses to show 3D image.
However, right now, my remote for Sony does not allow me to switch to 3D at all. It says "not applicable" because it cannot handle 3D in a 2160p mode. I then see a SBS image on my projector screen at 2160p resolution (although the signal is 1080p) and I don't know where I could change that?

...You will see from my writing that I am not a technical person, but I hope I was still able to explain well enough that someone will understand where the issue is?
I do remember that in the old Jarvis version I was able to switch somewhere the output resolution. In Krypton I cannot find that option anylonger. I'm using the latest beta release.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Smile