Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How is Kodi interface supposed to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the 1.4.8.0 Alpha 22 build. I recently upgraded and had to do an entire reload re-scrape of all my media because something in the old version of Ember didn't work correctly with the new version.

Anyway with that all taken care of, I've cleaned up some of the information more and changed some images and editing lots of information on the movies including fixing all the genres.

I do not understand what gets synced and how. After making changed in Ember I've tried doing a Ctrl-A on all the movies and then Right Click -> Kodi Interface -> Sync and the changes I made do not seem to appear in Kodi. If I do a manual refresh in Kodi then the changes appear.

I want to push all the current information from Ember into Kodi, and have all the information for the movies and TV shows updated according to what is in Ember. What configuration and procedure should I go through in order to achieve this?

Thanks!
First you have to map all sources in Kodi Interface => Host settings. After that you can sync your entires. Most of all information can be synced, but not all, e.g. actor informations will only be added at the first time Kodi or Ember add an item to Kodi's database.
Thanks for the quick response.

I've done the source mapping in the Kodi Interface -> Host settings section. Everything is mapped correctly.

Do I have to do a sync manually for each movie each time or can I do a select all and Sync? What if I just edit a single movie, do I have to remember to sync that or is that automatically taken care of each time a movie is edited?
If you have enabled "RealTime Sync" for a host, Ember sync it automatically every time Ember save the item to Ember database, e.g. after edit or (re)scraping.
If you want to sync all items you can select all items with Ctrl+A and use the contextmenu entry.

...and Kodi needs to be running to sync something ;-)
Ok. That's what that option is for. Smile I know documentation is difficult and I appreciate the work you have put in so far.

One question then is on the Kodi Interface Module configuration page, what are the:

Movies Before Edit, During Single-Scraping, During Multi-Scraping
Episodes Before Edit, During Single-Scraping, During Multi-Scraping

Option for then?

I've enabled the real time syncing so hopefully things will be up to date correctly after a final Ctrl-A sync. This sync takes a long time with all the media under management but if it will work going forward that is good.

Oh and Kodi is on 24x7 for me. Smile I use an Intel NUC and OpenELEC w/network boot.
These options are only to sync the playcount/watched state from that host that you have selected in the dropdown menu above.
Before Edit = Ember get the state from Kodi if you edit a movie/episode
During Single-Scraping = Ember get the state state from Kodi if you manually scrape a movie/episode (Ctrl+I)
During Multi-Scraping = Ember get the state state from Kodi if you scrape a movie/episode automatically

That has nothing to do with the "RealTime Sync" option.
"RealTime Sync" sync any edit in Ember. So you need to manually sync ALL items only one time. After that the realtime sync do that job for you.
When using Ember, I read a lot about the Kodi Interface => Host settings, however I cannot for the life of me find WHERE these settings are...  Can you shed some light on it?

I think I've looked in every single section of the EmberMM tool....
And as soon as I write this, I found it, in Modules.  Panic over.