Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kuman 3,5 LCD on LibreELEC - driver problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a RasBerry Pi 3 B with LibreELEC running and I bought a "Kuman 3.5 inch 320*480 Resolution Touch Screen TFT LCD Display". Now I think I have to add the driver to LibreELEC because in the list of drivers I can choose in the LibreELEC setting I don`t find the driver for my LCD. Together with the LCD also the driver ws delivered as a gz file. Can someone help me to activate my LCD?
Upload the gz file somewhere. Not promising it will be supported but it might give clues on what is required.
I was hoping that would include source code, but it doesn't. Without knowing what driver is needed by your LCD there's not much that can be done. Contact your vendor?
Hi Milhouse,

thank you for taking time for me. I will contact the vendor or send the display back. Does a list of displays exist which are supported by Raspberry PI 3 B and LibreELEC?
According to this Amazon post the Kuman is based on the ADS7846 which is supported by LibreELEC.

According to the Amazon posting, add the following to your /flash/config.txt:
Code:
dtparam=audio=on
dtparam=spi=on
dtoverlay=ads7846,penirq=25,penirq_pull=2,xohms=150,swapxy=1,xmin=300,ymin=700,xmax=3800,ymax=3400,pmax=255

It talks about a waveshare35a overlay, but this is not something included in the mainline kernel or LibreELEC - you'll need to source this yourself, or do without (no idea what it does).

Good luck.
I cannot edit the config.txt as it seems to be write protected (I tried ist with Filezilla (FTP)).
Connect using ssh (username: root, password: libreelec) and run:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /flash
to make the /flash partition read/write.

Or put the SD card in a PC and access the files in the root of the SD card.
ok I made it by this instruction (1.1):
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=Config.txt

What driver shall I define within LibreELEC Settings/Service? I don`t find a ADS7846.
No idea, sorry. If nobody replies here, try asking on the LibreELEC forum.