Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to create application.Exiting. userdata folder empty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Very new to this and not familiar with how to check logs or post logs etc sorry Confused
I just re-installed Kodi 16 .... twice to try and resolve this but keep getting the notice "Error: Unable to create application. Exiting" I found different logs with step by step instructions on how to delete the profiles document? (under the userdata folder) .. which I have done in the past and it has worked beautifully, but this time around... the userdata folder is empty?? i have also enabled the view of hidden documents and nothing shows up... help please... Thanks so much!
You'll have to impart some information, like the hardware and version of windows, do you have a gfx card? Has Kodi every run on this hardware in the past? (if so what version, if you can recall) Sounds like Kodi fails right out of the gate, and doesn't make it self at home in the roaming folder. Check my sig for a fresh start.
Thank you.
Windows 10 on a laptop.
Kodi 16
I've had Kodi for about a year or two?.. I've updated every time a new version comes out. No major issues until yesterday. My husband installed the anniversary update for Windows 10 which took care of a ton of Windows 10 issues but now Kodi doesn't work :'(
Try right clicking the install file and run as administrator!
(2016-09-28, 15:28)Pasado Wrote: [ -> ]Try right clicking the install file and run as administrator!

Not good advice - Kodi should never need admin privs. If it does then it's been installed wrong or something isn't right, and at the very least doing that is very insecure.
Tried right clicking and running as admin. but same error shows up:
"Error: Unable to create application. Exiting"

i uninstalled and reinstalled...
Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.
Same error.
tried that old trick of %appdata%\kodi\userdata
and now the good news is the user data folder is not empty... however, it only shows the following file: RssFeeds.xml
No profiles file to be deleted. This trick worked like a charm in the past..
so in summary... im still getting the same error Sad
Hi!!! I have almost the same problem! Except the difference being I can see a profiles.xml folder, and I delete it, but when I start Kodi again profiles.xml reappears in the folder and I get the same error message

Have tried this 30+ times, uninstalled, reinstalled - tearing my hair out a bit here!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
A bit perplexing: let;'s try from scratch....(This is done in the windows desktop, without Kodi running)

With windows explorer delete this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

and

With windows explorer delete this folder C:\Users\Your Computer Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Pick Jarvis 6.1 from the download link on this page top left. 'download and install' install everything save for the PVR stuff; if the install fails Supported hardware (wiki) or something in your o/s has changed foiling the install. Ensure it runs.. if you still have an error, we'll need a proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin (pastebin.com) and the URL for that paste-bin page linked back to this thread. log (wiki) please see 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml) so we can better see the issue. Log file/Advanced (wiki)