Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Let vnsiclient resume live tv after server reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi FernetMenta,

during recent testing I noticed that booting the system which runs vdr and vnsi server breaks the connection to the remote vnsi clients. I can switch one channel up or down to resume live tv on the client machine, but I thought it would be much nicer if vnsi client and server would be able to re-establish the connection and resume live-tv for the channel that was tuned.

I remember when testing tvheadend this feature was supported. Do you think it is possible/useful to implement it likewise in vnsi server/client?

Thanks

Spirou
There are a couple of things that need to be considered. What if the backend or connection just dies? Should Kodi wait forever? This would block the shutdown.
In principle feasible but some work. Currently when a timer with higher priority interrupts live tv, it just shuts down connection to demuxer. From vnsi client perspective this is the same as backend shuts down. Might require a change of vnsi protocol too.
Hi. When my server reboots or shutdown my rasp3 vnsi Client with kodi 17 Libreelec crashes. Even if i dont Look livetv. Try to provide Debug Log later.