Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated posters - Jarvis & MQ7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was previously running Kodi 15, when I upgraded from MQ6 to MQ7 and noticed that my posters on Movie 'Wall' view were animated

Not sure how/why this happened but liked the animated posters

Have since upgraded to Jarvis 16.1 with MQ7 but now the animated posters have disappeared

Re-ran Artwork Downloaded add-on to see if this would help, but still no luck

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the animated posters back?

The other half is not too keen on the animations, so ideally it is just a 'toggle' on/off in settings that I have missed

thanks
In movie list go the top menu. There at bottom of list is toggle button from anaimated posters and fanart.
Thanks. This is what I have

No mention of animated posters unfortunately

Here's where my animated fanart option is located...

hi there,

Thanks for that - however that is for the animated fanart

I am looking get the animated posters Confused
press "c"
"Set Animated Artwork" button from helper script and set,single poster...all rest poster will be shown again.
Thanks for this Angelinas

I manually selected an animated poster that was suggested to me (many films do not suggest animated posters) and it worked for that film

Unfortunately none of my other posters became animated

when I upgraded to MQ7 previously on Kodi 15 it seemed to automatically animate a vast (say 60%) of my ~ 1500 movie library posters

I am looking for a solution to do this 60% in one go
does anyone have any more ideas as to how i can get the animated posters in one go?
If you have Skin Helper installed then the way it works is it grabs all animated posters once on start up, you then need to configure your skin to show animated posters. If you know your way around the folders, then in userdata/addon_data/thumbnails there should be an /animatedgifs folder. This is where Skin.Helper places the posters / fanart it downloads at startup and if you check there you should see what / how many has been downloaded for your library. If you have many then it is something in skin settings I presume that is not showing them for you?
(2016-10-11, 09:02)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]If you have Skin Helper installed then the way it works is it grabs all animated posters once on start up, you then need to configure your skin to show animated posters. If you know your way around the folders, then in userdata/addon_data/thumbnails there should be an /animatedgifs folder. This is where Skin.Helper places the posters / fanart it downloads at startup and if you check there you should see what / how many has been downloaded for your library. If you have many then it is something in skin settings I presume that is not showing them for you?

i have the animated gifs in a slightly different folder

i tried to copy into the folder you mentioned too, but with no joy

as far as i can see, the only place that i can enable this in the MQ7 skin is here

but not coming through to the wall.

is there any other place i need to enable this?