Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Client can't connect without internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just so future people knows, the answer is found here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2446.html

I am running LibreELEC 7.1.0 Aug (from this post link)on Odroid C2. The service addon version was Tvheadend 4.0 v7.0.101 and Tvheadend HTSP Client v2.2.15.
After clean install the only thing I did was following this guide to setup Tvheadend backend and client. However the funny thing was I have to boot with internet wire plugged in otherwise the Tvheadend HTSP Client will keep saying Connection Lost. However if the machine was booted with internet connected, everything works fine and it is instant.

This is such an annoying problem that I can't solve even after hours of google session.

The followings are the full logs for each situation (internet on/off)

Offline Boot
Online Boot

Edit:
Replaced log file link with full log output.
Please remove your logs from here and post complete logs on pastebin.
I will update the log ASAP
Hello, just to chime in. I have the exact same issue.

My setup:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Xbian xbian 4.4.15+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 21 12:57:15 CEST 2016
- Tvheadend 4.1-2141~g01c26fc-dirty
- Kodi 16.1 Git:2016-05-28-6f8e95d Media Center Kodi

When in the conditions mentioned by the original poster, in Kodi GUI, I have the following behavior:
- channel list empty
- recordings list empty
- timers list empty
What is your hardware? Low power arm devices tend to take a while to fully initialize. On my RLi2 running Arch, I sometimes have to wait 5 full minutes or more for the PVR system and network to fully load and my guide to be available.
Hi,

My hardware is a raspberry pi 3, as mentioned above.

The issue here is that tvheadend is running on the same machine, so with WiFi available or not, we should be able to talk to tvheadend in kodi GUI. On my setup, I configured the htsp client to local host.

I even experienced a case where I had to power off my WiFi router. During that time kodi never rebooted, but the communication with TVH was lost.
I've updated the OP with full log.

Also with the internet on, the TVheadend worked pretty much without delay. But it would not work without internet (for at least 30 minutes, I did not wait longer lol). The TV section in the main menu would not even show up even disabled and enabled again.

However if I had booted with internet and then pulled the wire going offline, the TV would continue working.
Good folks at LibreELEC forum provided answer: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2446.html
@adfadfadf
Thanks for the link, however, it seems un-related.

If it can help, I posted the kodi log of when my router was powered down.

http://pastebin.com/raw/SS2ajYaw

The relevant portion is at the end:

Code:
15:23:37 59030.085938 T:1954041856 WARNING: Create - Network down or unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://recordings/active/
15:23:37 59030.085938 T:1954041856   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(pvr://recordings/active/) failed
15:23:44 59037.371094 T:1571812272   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt

It's ok that external website cannot be reached (www.msftncsi.com), but pvr protocol? It should point to localhost in my config. It should not be dependant on if wifi is present or not...

What do you think?

Thanks,
Mathieu
@mgouin please post a DEBUG log.
@nickr, yes my bad. When the issue happened, I just stored the log. I wasn't in debug at this moment. I will try to reproduce with debug enabled.

But just to be sure, can an addon be updated even if it's for kodi 16? In another thread, someone said kodi 16 is in end of life?
Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) is the current stable release version - while it will soon be replaced with 17.0 (Krypton), it's not end of life just yet in the sense that you can still get it and update any addons as they're updated. At some point, addons might no longer be backward-compatible, and will drop support for 16.x, but not *just* yet...