Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Firmware update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I've updated firmware on Amlogic s 805 does anyone know if it will carry Krypton Thank you
No it won't.
(2016-10-20, 17:25)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No it won't.

I'm pretty sure AMLogic pushed out some Android 5 stuff for the entire S8xx line, including the S805. If someone made a stable firmware install based on that then it's certainly possible to see an S805 device running Android 5, and thus Kodi v17.
That's good news Ned You wouldn't have any details on that would you as I like that box and don't intend to get rid Thanks in advance
First find out what wireless chipset your device is using to determine firmware compatibility.

Install a terminal emulator (available in play store) and type in the following two commands into the terminal:

su
dmesg | grep wifi

... the output will show your wireless chipset info, that way you don't have to open the box and risk damage.
Go to the Freaktab website for community compiled AMLogic S8xx/S9xx Firmware images and support.
(2016-10-20, 23:10)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-20, 17:25)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No it won't.

I'm pretty sure AMLogic pushed out some Android 5 stuff for the entire S8xx line, including the S805. If someone made a stable firmware install based on that then it's certainly possible to see an S805 device running Android 5, and thus Kodi v17.

It seems my kind of humor did not make it ... how should we know with that little amount of information the original poster gave us? We don't even know which firmware, which version, which build he installed ...