Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [PlotOutline] in PVR - which info does it contain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I had some discussion with mikeSiLVO about "PlotOutline" in PVR.
Here are my questions:
I can only test it with german TV, btw.
1. Why does PlotOutline provide a different info in PVR (e.g. episodename and year) than PlotOutline in the library (short descrition of the film, tvshow)
2. backend provides it? Which country provides it

Maybe some of you can bring some light to the dark Wink
Thx
PVR plot outline is provided by the PVR client add-ons, so most probably obtained from the backend.

For example, German DVB-S channels provide this info OTA.

tvheadend provides it correctly to clients, the respective Kodi PVR client add-on pvr.hts delivers it to Kodi.
Pvr gets it from backend.

Backend will get it's epg data in a number of ways.

* ota via EIT or MHEG. This info is provided by the broadcasters. The broadcasters may get the info 'upstream', eg from the program's producers/distributors.

* From an xmltv provider, which tend to be unofficial, and have often been scraped from a broadcaster's website, or from the ota source (and maybe then tweaked)
In the US, Perc Data and Schedules Direct get their info from either Tribune or FYI (IIRC), which is often the same provider that cable and satellite companies use for their EPGs. There are XMLTV grabbers for Schedules Direct, and DVBLogic sells a plugin for Perc Data for their backend. (Schedules Direct data is only licensed for use in open source software, like MythTV or Tvheadend, and Perc Data is a source for commercial software like DVBLogic.)