Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: question on pi2 with kodi and adding retro pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello im using a pi2 that has and sd card in it with kodi on it i wanted to know if i use another sd card and put retropi onto it and just switch out the two different cards that i want to use. the install goes onto card not the pi correct? so it wont be overwriting anything? any information would be great

Sent from my SM-G900V
Correct. The Pi has no onboard storage, everything goes onto the SD card.
ok great so i can use two different cards

Sent from my SM-G900V
also can i hook up my ps3 controller to the pi2? idk if it has bluetooth compatibility or i need a Bluetooth dongal.

Sent from my SM-G900V
The R-Pi2 does not come standard with bluetooth. If you are running RetroPie on the same board, I recommend upgrading to the R-Pi3, as it clocks in more processing power.
I hope this helps you out.
You could try Gamestarter, it runs as an add-on and switches in and out. I didn't have much time with it before rebuilding my pi it seemed good.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=276002
thanks i got a usb controller lastnight and hooked it up it works great. but i noticed that u run roms off of usb stick dont that make it any slower then just installing them on pi sdcard?

Sent from my SM-G900V