Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question about Menubar in Madnox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I like to create my own menu bar in Madnox. So i started to modify the files. I found the file media/home/homemenu_back.png and painted it simple white. After a refresh in Madnox i saw a kind of overlay in the menu bar.
I have looked into the .xml files but i found no reference to a graphic.

The bar should be complete white with no dark overlay. The homemenue_back.png is 100% white but in madnox there is a overlay so i assume another graphics is in top of the bar.

So can anybody tell me how to disable the overlay in the menu bar?

Will have a look and let you know, can't remember of the top of my head, probably be tomorrow now.
Thank you that would be great.
Hi,

Have you checked in Customizers >> Customize Home window furniture >> Press return when menubar is highlighted, then 'Choose main menu style'?

I have glass which gives it an overlay, try the other options and see if you get what you want? Otherwise it might be something in the code.
Hello

Thank you for checking. I have tested a little bit more and i found the solution. First i have checked your suggestion. I switched thru the different styles but the overlay is still there.
But if you uncheck 'Progress Bar Now playing' the overlay is away. As i don't need the progress bar it's ok for me to uncheck.

with overlay

without overlay
Can either of you tell me in which .xml I can find the classic home and glass home includes..... or the $LOCALIZE[31685] I just want to see how it works I was going to add the mq7menu bar to this as part of one of my mods I am working on but for the life of me I can know find the includes for aeon classic or glass. any help will be grateful
Hi,

First, LOCALIZE points to something in the strings.po for your language, so go to /language/english (for english) and open the strings.po and check for 31685, it should be 'Classic'. Some ids are Kodi core so wont be in the .po file.

Now the menubar gfx,

First check out VAR - HomeMenuBackVar which is in VARIABLES.xml, this controls which background to use for the menubar.which is set in the above shown options.
Next that VAR is used HOME,xml in the <!-- Home Menu Bar --> section starting around line 452 which is the section for the menu bar.

So that is how you choose the menu bar and how it is displayed. but that is just the back as just a bit further down will be an image control for home/homemenu_back_glow.png which may or may not be shown depending on the visibles assigned to it.

This info, is probably just a starting point, so I'm available for any other questions you may have on this subject.

Please note, if you are looking at doing a straight cut & paste type job of adding the MQ7 menubar to Madnox then that probably won't be added into the core Madnox, If we see something in another skin we like then we do the following

1) Ask the original author for permission to use their work as a base line for an enhancement to Madnox, if they do not allow then we do not take. I know it is open source but us skinners spend a lot of our time doing this and you know what we get sick and tired of our work just being lifted even if it is open source. I've seen mpre than enough taken from Madnox without being asked or being credited in the skin it is put in!!!
2) We always modify it and apply a Madnox twist or change gfx etc. etc. to bring it into line with Madnoxs general layout.

Mike.
Mike.

Okay so I was looking in the wrong language file for starters I went to the US one which was empty dumb me haha. I added the bar to language file as 33000... Then added it in to vars ... And in home.xml also I think or at least looked at it.... But I think and am certain my problem is in the furniture.xml because I can't get the name to show up...

I honestly don't understand the set.bool. Skin reset.part there not sure if it is a ordering thing or I am just ignorant... But for whatever the reason my be this is really racking my brain...

Thanks again for your advice.

Steven
Steven,

send me a PM and if possible your changes and I'll take a look, what exactly are you trying to add at the moment? a new option against 'Choose main menu style' in Funiture settings? and then that will display a different menu bar?

You also need to update VAR StyleLableVar in variables, you might just need to do that that like this, newhome is whatever you are using to id your new menubar

Code:
<variable name="StyleLabelVar">
        <value condition="Skin.HasSetting(glasshome)">$LOCALIZE[31684]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.HasSetting(classichome)">$LOCALIZE[31685]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.HasSetting(newhome)">$LOCALIZE[33000]</value>
                <value>$LOCALIZE[31686]</value>
    </variable>

Also as a pointer try changing id 451 in custom_1130_FurnitureSettings.xml to this

Code:
<control type="button" id="451">
                    <label>31602</label>
                    <label2>[COLOR $VAR[FontColorVar]]$VAR[StyleLabelVar][/COLOR]</label2>
                    <include>Objects_CommonSettingsButton</include>
                    <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(classichome) + !Skin.HasSetting(glasshome)  + !Skin.HasSetting(newhome)">Skin.SetBool(glasshome)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(glasshome)">Skin.SetBool(classichome)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(glasshome)">Skin.Reset(glasshome)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(classichome)">Skin.SetBool(newhome)</onclick>
                                        <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(classichome)">Skin.Reset(classichome)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(newhome)">Skin.SetBool(glasshome)</onclick>
                                        <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(newhome)">Skin.Reset(newhome)</onclick>
                    <visible>String.IsEqual(Window.Property(actualItem),MainMenu)</visible>
                </control>

Setbool is basically ativating a skin setting or skin reset is de-activatiing it so turn a switch / setting on or off. The above should work but this is just on the fly. Like I said if you send me whatever then I can sort it out and send it back if you want.

Mike.
Thanks i will definitely do that I just tried again I got part of it to show this time but in the process I lost the aeon bar. Also I am not resetting something because I have the wrong bar showing for classic now... Haha.
I really do appreciate the help and I will send the code later on tonight. Thank you.