Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Kodi 17 Krypton] Update movie information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't find in new version of application a way to change movie information that was downloaded by scraper - it download info from another movie. Is there any way to change this?
you might need to provide a bit more of information
which version are you running and which OS

in general when you set the files and set what they are movies or tv shows it also mentiones which one you are using and you can change it there

Raps
I'm using new beta 5 for Windows but I have problem with this since first beta. In previous versions I could bring scrapper for individual film, correct title and choose movie prom list but I'm not seeng this in this version. I'm Not understend "it also mentiones which one you are using and you can change it there". Setting movie catalog is the one thins but when I have movie X and have details information that are from another movie Y - what should I do to change scrapper for proper movie details?
Can't you Refresh or Reload from within the movie information view?

If that still only reloads the same wrong information, you might place a .nfo file in the movie folder with a link to the right IMDb page, and then reload the info in Kodi.

Like this: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies#V...ning_a_URL
Assuming themoviedb.org is your movie scraper, have you checked your movie file is perfectly named and dated as per their website?
Could always try an external grabber something like Media Center Master, that way it will always be what you need.

There may be an .xml file that you might be able to change?
(2016-10-26, 08:43)bigdnf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using new beta 5 for Windows but I have problem with this since first beta. In previous versions I could bring scrapper for individual film, correct title and choose movie prom list but I'm not seeng this in this version. I'm Not understend "it also mentiones which one you are using and you can change it there". Setting movie catalog is the one thins but when I have movie X and have details information that are from another movie Y - what should I do to change scrapper for proper movie details?

Have a look at post# 6 from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2444933
(2016-10-26, 08:43)bigdnf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm Not understend "it also mentiones which one you are using and you can change it there".

When you browse your movie list and spot one that's not correctly identified, right-click it, select Movie Information and on the details screen, hit the Refresh button
This will re-search the movie and (should) offer different matches. But from my own experience, if its not dead right automatically, 99% of the time,the movie file is not properly named/dated
(2016-10-27, 13:03)mfu95 Wrote: [ -> ]When you browse your movie list and spot one that's not correctly identified, right-click it, select Movie Information and on the details screen, hit the Refresh button
This will re-search the movie and (should) offer different matches. But from my own experience, if its not dead right automatically, 99% of the time,the movie file is not properly named/dated

This worked perfectly till Kodi 16 but the issue here is that I cant find this option in version 17.

As far as file naming it has proper date and I have tryed to change movie name.
@bigdnf

I think this may just be your unfamiliarity with the 'Esutary' interface, going into videos pick your source, enter and with the movie in focus, choose information or context menu from the keybaord 'I' or 'C' and the information screen will contain the bar with 'play', 'trailer', 'Your Rating', etc... this bar is scroll-able to the right and the last item is 'Refresh', the next requester will be familiar. I should note that mouse users might find that the little ">" caret at the end of a row indicates more..but is not hot and you'll need to use the arrow keys or mouse wheel to access hidden features.
Ok now I see this - this is bug for me because on the people list (on top of the view) I can click on the arrow to scroll and I have tried the same with bottom list and when it was not scrolling I have assumed that there is no elemnts there (for now I have only a keyboard with touchpad so I can't test it with mouse scroll and you have to have focus to do it with keyboard arrows).

Thanks for a tip.
Thread marked solved.