Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue with buffering.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have been using the Kodi 17 betas and for the most part everything has worked fine. I have one issue though. Since updating to 17, Kodi will buffer video even if the file being played is on local storage or an external hard drive connected via USB. I searched the Wiki and tried using an advanced settings file with the different buffer modes and even turning off buffering entirely but it has not worked. Could this be a bug or am I doing something incorrectly?
Try and create a debug log (wiki)
Without it, its just a guessing game.
Thank you for the reply. This is the debug log I got. I have an advanced settings file created with buffer mode 2 which should be just for internet streams if I recall correctly but playback from local files buffers as well. I left debugging on while I played a local file and skipped around so hopefully it catches what is happening.

http://pastebin.com/LcRT5vYT
My access to pastebin is blocked from where i am at.
Hope someone else could have a look in the meantime.
Just updated to the latest beta and I get buffering when seeking around a video, local files or local network. Not sure if your issue is during regular playback or seeking. Hopefully your log sheds light on the issue.

I didn't have the issue on 16.
Oh wow I forgot to mention that it is during seeking and not playback. I am having the same issue as you Silenbob343. I have tried creating an advanced settings file but that hasn't fixed it. The other day I uninstalled and removed my user folder and started fresh but it still buffers when seeking (on local drives). I did not experience this behavior prior to Kodi 17 betas.