Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add "rating" column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you add a "rating" column to the movie list
so we can quickly tell if a movie has "rating" or not...

Currently the only way to tell is by click on each movies one at a time.
you could use the Media List Editor (Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Media List Editor) to create a custom list while Dan ponders the feature request Smile

Code:
select * from movielist where rating like ''
(2016-11-03, 00:32)zerocool_ie Wrote: [ -> ]you could use the Media List Editor (Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Media List Editor) to create a custom list while Dan ponders the feature request Smile

Code:
select * from movielist where rating like ''

I tried what you said, but it didn't create a new column.

==

Okay I got it to work..but I can see it created a new tab rather than a new column.

I guess it is a work around solution until Dan looks at this feature request.

Thanks for replying with a solution.
Just disable column hiding (double click):

You also can filter by "Data field is (not) empty" in filter panel:

(2016-11-03, 10:46)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Just disable column hiding (double click):

You also can filter by "Data field is (not) empty" in filter panel:

Thanks both solution works.

For ease of use, I like the first solution more.

Can you make the Rating column width smaller for that column?

Or even better, let us replace the word "Rating" with our own icon. e.g. star.
So we can replace any of those other columns with our own icons like the other built in icons.

Else the column width gets too big due to the letters.
(2016-11-03, 11:38)madmax2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make the Rating column width smaller for that column?

So we can replace any of those other columns with our own icons like the other built in icons.

Good idea to replace that with a star. Own icons are not possible.
(2016-11-03, 15:26)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-03, 11:38)madmax2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make the Rating column width smaller for that column?

Good idea to replace that with a star. Own icons are not possible.
Thanks...

Further on with this idea, you could replace the IMDB ID, TMDB ID, MPAA word with their own logos as well, which would give a good consistency to the column width appearance..
and allow the column size to be smaller (if in the future updates you allow single column width adjustment)..

It's okay that we don't need to choose our own icons, if that is not something planned for future update
but then almost every column name should have an icon instead of text, so the width would be smaller than it currently is..

And if you allow single column resizing, we can resize it to the width of the icon.
We can still know what those columns icons are, because they would still have a tool tip..and the matching logos are identifiable as well.

Currently if someone was to unhide every column, the text makes the columns too wide,
and if the left panel was not an adequate size, it would hide some of the columns on the right