Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music default folder cannot be set(krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. Im running a clean install of krypton latest beta on windows 10.

When I set a music folder as default folder, kodi will always show default directories instead. Doesnt happen on jarvis.

It happened also on all the provious betas.

Not sure if log is relevant, cause a clean install will show this behaviour.

Thanks!
Not sure what you mean by "default folder"? Do you mean the view that is opened in the music library when you select "music" in the home / main menu in skin Estuary? Have you entered a music source and updated the music library?

scott s.
Hi, yes.

On jarvis, I add shrefolder/Music, Context menu on kodi, set as default folder. And when you enter MUSIC category kodi will now show by default the music inside that directory.

On krypton this doesnt work. it will always show default folders/categories when you enter MUSIC. Even entering on a personal folder and going back to kodi home and then click again in MUSIC, kicks you back to kodi default folders/categories.
AFAICT, it shouldn't work on Jarvis either. At least, clicking the "make default" button does not update the sources.xml file for me. I suspect that it is related to the removal of "music files" as a separate window; now "files" is part off the main music library. That's just a guess based on looking at the code. I hope someone else is looking at this thread and provide mor info.

scott s.
the setting is saved in guisettings.xml.

it's still working, though you need a skin that supports it (Estuary doesn't).
most skins use hardcoded paths for their home menu items, which will break the 'set default' functionality.
i'll move this to skin dev for discussion....

we could either remove the 'set default' stuff from kodi... or we have to make sure all skins support it.
i'm not sure if this is a much used feature... thoughts?
Set default is a great feature. I use it for PICTURES section too and works fine in estuary.

I think I changed to confluence on latest krypton and still didnt work, but Im not completely sure.

Edit. Yes, also doesnt work on krypton with confluence skin.

Another main problem, kodi is not able to stay on the folder Im browsing in MUSIC. If Im browsing a folder in MUSIC and go to home screen and then to MUSIC again, bang, shows default categories/folder and I have to go all the way again to my folder.
(2016-11-06, 15:01)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Another main problem, kodi is not able to stay on the folder Im browsing in MUSIC. If Im browsing a folder in MUSIC and go to home screen and then to MUSIC again, bang, shows default categories/folder and I have to go all the way again to my folder.
This happen because skiner use wrong code...
they use this
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music,root,return)</onclick>
if change in this
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
All working OK.When you reopen from home "Music" open last content, not root for music Wink

change this line
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....xml#L1149
Thanks, thats clearly an error in skin code.

Let´s see what can be done about setting default folder.

EDIT. Changing this also fixed the make default folder option. Now kodi open on whats inside of my music folder when I go to MUSIC.

EDIT2. For confluence skin, it s still broken, probably needs the same fix.

EDIT3. For estuary, works fine, but when you press back using the ".." it goes to previous directory (ie. shared/music, goes back to shared/), causing a little mess, probably should go back to the default caetegories/folders when you hit "..". PICTURES category do this fine, maybe we can test the code from there.
(2016-11-06, 16:45)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-06, 15:01)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Another main problem, kodi is not able to stay on the folder Im browsing in MUSIC. If Im browsing a folder in MUSIC and go to home screen and then to MUSIC again, bang, shows default categories/folder and I have to go all the way again to my folder.
This happen because skiner use wrong code...
they use this
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music,root,return)</onclick>
if change in this
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
All working OK.When you reopen from home "Music" open last content, not root for music Wink

change this line
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....xml#L1149
No its not wrong code.
(2016-11-06, 16:45)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]This happen because skiner use wrong code...

We use what we want to achieve the results we want. Wink
great, let's all go way offtopic.
fine, no discussion then.

moving back to wherever...
(2016-11-06, 21:33)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]No its not wrong code.
Ok "wrong" is strong word...
Change in "wrong place"...
Not sure if was skiner desire that when you are listening to music on a folder and you go back to home screen, then to your folder again, you will have to do as many clicks as many folders you have gone through a few seconds ago.

That means 3, 4, 5, 6... infinite clicks to get back where you were a second ago.
The rest uses the music library so you don't have that issue
Pages: 1 2