Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Search EPG: duplicated results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing I noticed is when I use the search function (either form EPG or main menu) to look e.g. for future broadcasts of my favorite tv-series, I always get duplicated results. Most of the times it is two identical entries in the list and somtimes they show the identical episode title and channel but with a small offset (one or two minutes) for the start time.

Not sure if this is related to my setup having a twin tuner card or is this something that is going to be "improved" over the next releases?

Also I noticed that some entries in the search form seems to be persistent from previous searches. I'd rather see entries for start or end time cleared when starting a new search. Is there are setting for making these entries non-persistent.
You don't persist epg in kodi db, do you? You never ever should enable this.
Just double checked. I explicitly disabled storing epg data in local db. epg data is fetched from vdr.
I would assume this is a generic pvr issue not related to vnsi only. When did you first notice this issue. Are you aware of some older version that did not show this issue?
To be honest I am not using this feature very often. I think I started using it when I switched to Kodi 17 beta and vdr 2.3.1 for the PVR enhancements recently. As far as I remeber the duplicate entries already showed up when I used it for the first time.
I did not noticed duplicate entries in the search function but in the rare cases when EPG data is updated from VDR with delayed broadcasts the EPG view looks "weird".

If i.e. the broadcast starts 5 minutes later the EPG guide shows the broadcast starting at the old time with length 5 minutes followed by "No information available" until next broadcast begins.

The last time it occurred I did check the EPG in VDR itself: it only showed the updated times.

My LE build with Kodi 17 from master is updated every one to two weeks. VDR 2.2.0. Storing EPG data is disabled. The machine powers down if not used.
The epg grid and epg search simply show whatever data was transmitted by the respective pvr client add-on. Shit in - shit out maybe? Never heard of problems like this with other backend.

So, I guess this is a pvr client add-on issue (though I have not debugged this and therefore I could be wrong).
(2016-11-21, 18:59)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Shit in - shit out maybe?

Was my first thought too. Maybe I see more details if the issue occurs again.

Thanks.

I am not convinced as long as those kind of methods are around: CEpg::FixOverlappingEvents
(2016-11-24, 19:27)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]

I am not convinced as long as those kind of methods are around: CEpg::FixOverlappingEvents

@FernetMenta never looked at this code. Have you found a bug there?
I am just saying that there is pvr code that does change original epg from the backend. Means it can be: correct in - shit out
(2016-11-25, 09:33)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]I am just saying that there is pvr code that does change original epg from the backend. Means it can be: correct in - shit out

:-) maybe. Don't know.
Latest updated EPG entries should have precedence when resolving overlaps in CEpg::FixOverlappingEvents
With beta 6 I don't seem to get duplicate entries in the epg search any more. Thanks for fixing this!

However, when I select an entry in the guide and start searching for similar entries it still seems to preset start and/or end time form the the original entry in the search and no results are found. When I reset the start and end time to 00:00 it finds all similar entries..