Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ServerWMC DRM Over-the-air channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently received a replacement HDHomeRun Extend and installed the most-current software. My previous unit allowed me to watch/record KFMB (channel 8.1), but now I get "protected" in Kodi and "DRM channel found" in ServerWMC. I have no problem playing the channel directly from my antenna, or in WMC. Is there anything I can do to watch it in Kodi?

Please advise.

SWMC: http://pastebin.com/NsB9bUJ7
Kodi: http://pastebin.com/TnjPbTMX
In your swmc log it says:

2016/11/18 20:13:44.034 GetChannels> DRM channel found: 8.1/Drama drm: PROT_COPY_INVALID

This 'Drama' channel thing has been an ongoing problem which I need to get around to fixing so that swmc ignores it (it incorrectly gets labeled drm). I think its leftover from when wmc did internet channels. Go into the channel list in wmc and disable the 'drama' channel and then the real channel 8.1 should come through, probably a good idea to restart swmc after you do it. If that doesn't fix it, let me know.

FYI, your old tuner is still showing up in wmc's config but doesn't appear to be causing a problem (jinx).
Most of these type issues are due to invalid sources for the channel. Go into WMC setup, tv, guide. Find and select the channel (8.1) in the list. Click the edit sources option and make sure all the tuners are valid. You can do this by unchecking all boxes except for one, then watching the channel in WMC. Make sure only the valid tuners are selected.
(2016-11-19, 18:10)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]In your swmc log it says:

2016/11/18 20:13:44.034 GetChannels> DRM channel found: 8.1/Drama drm: PROT_COPY_INVALID

This 'Drama' channel thing has been an ongoing problem which I need to get around to fixing so that swmc ignores it (it incorrectly gets labeled drm). I think its leftover from when wmc did internet channels. Go into the channel list in wmc and disable the 'drama' channel and then the real channel 8.1 should come through, probably a good idea to restart swmc after you do it. If that doesn't fix it, let me know.

FYI, your old tuner is still showing up in wmc's config but doesn't appear to be causing a problem (jinx).
Unchecked the drama choice, closed and re-stared SWMC. Same problem. Rebooted computer, same problem. Still can view in WMC, but not Kodi. Any other thoughts?

(2016-11-19, 19:27)sbthomas Wrote: [ -> ]Most of these type issues are due to invalid sources for the channel. Go into WMC setup, tv, guide. Find and select the channel (8.1) in the list. Click the edit sources option and make sure all the tuners are valid. You can do this by unchecking all boxes except for one, then watching the channel in WMC. Make sure only the valid tuners are selected.
The sources show the 2 tuners of the one HDHomeRun Extend.
Hmm, can you find a channel called Drama in the WMC channel list? If so make sure that is unchecked.
(2016-11-20, 04:29)sbthomas Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, can you find a channel called Drama in the WMC channel list? If so make sure that is unchecked.
Yes. I unchecked it before my previous response.
That's weird. Then post the swmc log again after trying to play 8.1.
(2016-11-20, 05:48)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird. Then post the swmc log again after trying to play 8.1.

I swear I tried it and only got the "no video available" message, but now it works! I still show "no guide data available" in the Kodi guide, but WMC guide gives accurate information. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks so much!
Try just refreshing the Kodi database. If that doesn't work, post the swmc log after Kodi loads the epg.
Well duh! Of course I should have tried that. All fixed now!

Thanks so much!!!