Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dependencies not met
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a macbook air running os 10.12.1 and when i download kodi and open it i get continues pop ups saying dependencies not metbon all preinstalled addons and i get the options to remove or keep and it doesnt matter which i choose the pop ups wont stop how do i fix this so i van run kodi because i live the app just cant seem to figure this out
Quit Kodi.
Go to folder-
~/Library/Application Support/
Delete the Kodi folder.
Launch Kodi.
This should give you a clean install of Kodi with all the preinstalled addons removed.
I dont need them addons to have kodi work and how do i get to that folder
The easiest way to get to the folder in Finder is to press Shift+Command+G and copy/paste the path into the text box. Kodi will install all the basic addons needed the first time you launch it. The fact that you had addons preinstalled would suggest that the version of Kodi you are attempting to install has been altered in some fashion. This is often the case with people attempting to distribute illegal software designed to steal content that would normally only be available when payed for. If your intent is to watch locally stored content that is free or that you own then I would suggest making sure you downloaded the application from here. If your intent was to pirate videos I would suggest you review the forum rules (wiki). These addons are not a part of Kodi and not supported here.
No i am not trying to do anything illegal i did download from this website no where elese the preinstalled addons are like video scrapper and stuff like that i never added anything myself and r u talking about copying this and pasting it in finder Library/Application Support/. ?
From Finder press Command+Shift+G and a text window will open.
Paste this into the window and select Go-
Code:
Delete the Kodi folder.
When you relaunch Kodi the folder will be recreated and all basic add ons will be installed. The koi repo should also be installed. It contains more add ons that are also supported here.
Ok im going to try this ill let you know if it works
(2016-11-24, 00:43)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]Quit Kodi.
Go to folder-
Delete the Kodi folder.
Launch Kodi.
This should give you a clean install of Kodi with all the preinstalled addons removed.

When I go to this Application Support folder, I do not see Kodi anywhere, and I still have the error messages.
(2016-12-19, 07:46)Shibikku Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-24, 00:43)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]Quit Kodi.
Go to folder-
Delete the Kodi folder.
Launch Kodi.

When I go to this Application Support folder, I do not see Kodi anywhere, and I still have the error messages.

There are 2 Library/Application Support folders. You are probably looking in the wrong one. The user library folder is hidden by default. Please be sure you follow these instructions.