Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Minix Neo U1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you enquired with the people who make that hardware at http://www.minixforum.com/ ?
I am trying to set it up now and as this forums advice sold it me and gave it raving reviews hopefully they could tell me my problem is caused by xyz. Have seen people say about updates etc so just praying it is an easy fix.
I have this box with the remote too and have had no such issues. With regard to the remote the only button that is IR is the on/of button. The rest is WiFi direct to the USB dongle. It does not need line of sight and is good for me for about 10m. What distance do you use it at? What specific problems.

Your advice at their forum will be:

1. Enter recovery (long press on/off button on unit for 6 sec)
2. Clear cache and reboot and see how you go
3. If no progress then use PC to reflash firmware

Beyond that is likely a hardware fault.

Sent from my A0001
I know this is an old post as time in this tek goes... But

I have the Minix U1 and it woks great as it was meant to.. also have the A2 Lite remote which was a bit different to me to get used to compared to the remotes on my TV and service provders box but it works ok, wireless remotes don't need direct line of sight access to the box.

I've updated the FW OverTheAir to FW012, easy and painless upgrade... but after a short period swicthed over to LibreElec and straight Kodi Krypton and have loaded and unloade many many different addons pretty much flawlessly.