Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Filtered recent/recommended shelves based on vide node/smart playlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I, like so many others likes to split my tv shows into documentaries and regular shows and have a special Kids section with cartoons etc.

Few searches revealed that the two most common methods in Amber are to create either a video node or a smart playlist, favourite it and add a custom entry to the home screen.

Fairly straightforward but there is one caveat for me, I REALLY like the recent and recommended shelves I get when "hovering" over the Movies and TvShows home menu items. This is to the point I would really like to get them as well for my custom Documentaries for instance but filtered to that playlist/vidnode?

So basically. Can this be done in Amber currently somehow? If not, is this even possible within kodi, i.e. does the kodi api allow you to ask for a list of recent shows filtered to a playlist or is this the point where I really need plex and plexbmc?
I 100% agree. I've been trying to hack this into being (no success - anyone know how??) and have seen so many other people looking for the same, but no good solution.

If we could just get a home shelf for each NODE, I would die happy.

Note to andrimar - I tried the plex way and nope. Still combines everything into one shelf.
I would also really love to see this. Amber is still my favourite skin, but having those shelves for my custom playlists would make it perfect.
This gets my vote too!
100% yes! A home shelf for each node (or smart playlist) would make Amber the perfect skin in my opinion.