Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why can't I clone my Kodi settings to a Fire Stick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a FireTV device with current version of KODI configured exactly the way I want it.
I also have a Fire Stick with current version of KODI but not configured with various menus, etc.
I wanted to clone the KODI settings from the FireTV to the Fire Stick but have so far been unsuccessful.

Attempt 1:
Used backup to backup KODI from my FireTV to a network location. Used backup on the Fire Stick to restore KODI from that location. Took about 30+ minutes, I rebooted but don't see any of my new menus, etc.

Attempt 2:
Downloaded/installed fresh start add-on and ran it on my Fire Stick to "wipe" all of my KODI settings. Then downloaded/installed backup and restored the backup from attempt 1. That took about 45+ minutes, rebooted but now I just see a clean KODI interface, not a cloned copy of my FireTV KODI.

What am I doing wrong or is there an easier way? I tried to use adblink but for some weird reason I can't get that to work because the IP address that shows on my KODI FireTV is a different subnet that the actual FIreTV.

Any/all help to accomplish my goal is appreciated!

Cheers!
I was finally able to get adbLink working and from that point it was super simple to connect to the FireTV and make a backup, then connect to the Fire Stick and restore.
Once I restored to the Fire Stick the Kodi configuration was exactly the same, so all is well.