Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV doesn't seem to be kodi/4k settable ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just picked up a Amazon Fire TV to get 4k Kodi setup and working.... a Samsung UN70KU620DF TV direct via HDMI and I'm not seeing the selections as I do on a PC for setting the playback quality/etc and can't seem to get anything beyond 1080p with Kodi, though the connection shows 4k/60Hz when the FireTV boots. But the diagnostics info provided by Amazon show the port is HDCP 2.2 compliant, so wonder if anyone can help get Kodi playing 4k files in 4k? When I look at the statistics for video within kodi it shows 1080/24Hz.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Almost 100 looks and nobody has any suggestions? Kodi on the FireTV looks to be working well if the picture quality can be 'enforced' to the 4K. Can someone tell me if this a limitation of the current implementation or if something in my setup is wrong?
You should have asked this question before buying ... retry with v17.
Kodi can't do 4k on the Fire TV 2 just yet. SPMC (wiki) v16.5 can.
(2016-12-03, 09:16)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi can't do 4k on the Fire TV 2 just yet. SPMC (wiki) v16.5 can.

hahhahaha

yes it can
(2016-12-03, 09:29)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 09:16)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi can't do 4k on the Fire TV 2 just yet. SPMC (wiki) v16.5 can.

hahhahaha

yes it can

Oh, that's good news. I thought it was rejected for v17. Thanks for being so nice and about telling me, and not being a jackass at all about it for some strange reason.
I never mentioned it anywhere and waited till some one actually found it out their selves Smile
Guess that never happened

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10743
Retry with v17 beta and it seems to kinda work. I'm able to select the resolution and refresh rate, but the resulting video is slightly smaller than the display and calibration doesn't seem to do anything to make it bigger. I'm working with a 70" tv and have about a 1/2" per side and 1" per top/bottom (estimates). of black around the otherwise just fine kodi display. Haven't tried 4k content yet, but the display is now 2160p/30Hz. So that's progress! Thanks.
Check your Under / Overscan setting.
That did it! Thx. All working with 4k, though feeding 4k files in the range of 30GB/hr seems to be suffering some lag, not sure if it's my fileserver, network, or FireTV. If there's a buffer setting in Kodi I don't know about it....
Thx again.
With the Fire not having an integrated volume for non direct streamed audio it turned out not to be so viable a solution for me... But the Shield has been a real champ, working with all the formats and seems to enjoy chomping on those 2160p 100gb files! no buffer fiddle required as it turns out, but thanks for the heads up @Metallifux!