Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Red Speaker won't go away.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I have the red mute speaker in the top right corner. On a fire stick.
I have tried adjusting the volume when the movie starts and this does nothing. I can adjust it all I want and it does not move. Yes I did make sure I saved it as default. I do have a mini blue tooth keyboard. But the volume keys seem to be no help, neither does the mute button. The unit is about 5 weeks old. So I have a hard time buying that the mute button is stuck. I am NOT a programming oriented guy..that being said I use the pre downloaded stuff that was on Kodi when I got the fire stick. I would really like to avoid wiping kodi and reinstalling as I feel it's something better handled by people who actually understand the process lol. So what I'm getting at is if anyone has a idiot proof easy fix? I would be forever great full. I am not dumb and can follow step by step directions..but please be advised that other then clicking kodi and then movies/tv I don't know a whole lot about it. any help would be welcome. Thank you in advance!!
(2016-12-02, 16:16)Raynard84 Wrote: [ -> ]that being said I use the pre downloaded stuff that was on Kodi when I got the fire stick

Kodi is a media player, and doesn't come with any content - or pre-loaded addons that allow you to access any content. You'd be wise to double-check the forum_rules (wiki) you just agreed to, as well as the list of banned_addons (wiki), as I strongly suspect that the "pre-loaded stuff" falls the wrong side of that line.
It came blank, and my brother programmed it, and gave it to me, as a birthday gift. And is now unreachable as he is serving in Iraq. Not using any banned programs. Thanks for the help though in getting the media player too un mute. I strongly suspect that it is some setting in the media player...so thanks.
I'm not wholly convinced that you're not using banned addons, as your description of click-and-watch sounds like that - but it could also be that you have a load of local content that's been lawfully obtained. You'd probably know if your brother had ripped your DVD collection to disc, though.

I'll trust you for the moment. Try F8 to unmute, or F9/F10 to shift the volume up and down if +/- don't work.
(2016-12-02, 16:26)Raynard84 Wrote: [ -> ]It came blank, and my brother programmed it, and gave it to me, as a birthday gift. And is now unreachable as he is serving in Iraq. Not using any banned programs. Thanks for the help though in getting the media player too un mute. I strongly suspect that it is some setting in the media player...so thanks.

Unreachable Huh. Is he US military? I only ask because I served for 20 years, just recently retired and I deployed to the middle east very frequently. Everyone I ever knew or deployed with was always reachable at some point in the tour. Mainly via our .mil email address. Completely unrelated to your problem stated in the first post, I just hope you or your family can reach him at some point. I know from experience, that if I was not able to communicate with family while I was deployed, I would have lost my mind. I hope your brother stays safe out there. Cheers!

EDIT: Apologies for going off topic from OPs original post. I just get a little sensitive when it comes to the military. Cheers!
Yes. He is in the military. Not completely unreachable...but he's not sitting at his computer waiting for me to email...or he may of read it..but is taking his sweet time responding to me.Yes he responds to my emails. Not daily. Depending on what's going on it's not uncommon to not hear from him for 4-5 days. I emailed him yesterday. No response. So I'm the beautiful year of 2016 I decided to post a question on this forum looking for a result.
(2016-12-03, 01:54)Raynard84 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. He is in the military. Not completely unreachable...but he's not sitting at his computer waiting for me to email...or he may of read it..but is taking his sweet time responding to me.Yes he responds to my emails. Not daily. Depending on what's going on it's not uncommon to not hear from him for 4-5 days. I emailed him yesterday. No response. So I'm the beautiful year of 2016 I decided to post a question on this forum looking for a result.

Yeah 4-5 days is normal. Sometimes I could not get to a terminal for weeks at a time. As for your Kodi issue, I have a fire tv box, same remote control as stick and I don't know of a way to mute or unmute through the Fire tv hardware. Maybe a smarter person can chime in on this.
The f9 button actually worked. Literally just got done work. I read a million forums it seemed and no one said to try that. Much appreciated. I'm honestly not even sure how it got muted. I walked into the room to find my bulldog on my remote...and lost all the volume lol.