Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi has stopped working with OpenGL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Kodi 14.2 on an older media center computer with Ubuntu 12.04. Recently Kodi just stopped working. I generally leave the machine on all the time and don't think I have anything that updates automatically. I occasionally ssh in and run apt-get update/upgrade just to check. But since it is such an old release there aren't a lot of updates generally. The other day Kodi froze so I rebooted the computer and got a small dialogue box with this message, "Kodi need hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering. Install appropriate graphics driver." I am not aware of anything that has changed recently though. The hardware is the same and I haven't updated the system in years because it works. I searched for a solution but all the posts referencing this error were years old, related to new installs, and seemd t be issues regarding the nvidia driver. I have the same nvidia-304 driver installed that I have for the past 5 or so years during which everything worked fine.

Any idea what the problem might be? If I can't find anything else it may be time to wipe the system and install from scratch with Ubuntu 16.04, but I would liek to avoid the trouble. Thanks.
Without a Debug Log no one can tell you.