Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help which Hardware to choose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I have read the hardware guide for newbies but I am still not able to decide which hardware works best for me. So let me describe what my needs are and maybe someone else has a good idea which hardware works best in that case:

I am looking for a device which should by used exclusively for Kodi. There´s no need for playing games or do something similar. I don't want to watch TV over this device. On the other hand it would be cool to be able to capture TvShows to HDD, but this is no need. It don't need WLAN but a LAN-Por The device should has enough performance for displaying the Kodi-menues liquid, even if there are some nice looking skins activated, an play HD Videos. There should be a nice looking hardware case with a fanless design and, if possible, a place for mounting a HDD for storing movies. And I want the possibility to use a IR-Remote-Control

That´s it!

It would be nice to buy a Box which supports those needs out of the box, but I am also not afraid of doing a bit DIY in case the product fits my needs better.

Thanks in advance for any remommendation
So i searched a bit around and think that the WETEK Play 2 and the ZOTAC ZBOX CI323 NANO seems interesting.

At the Play 2 I am not sure if it has an active or passive cooling. The ZBOX seems also very interesting and is passive cooled, but I didn't find much information about it in this forum.

So any hep would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
You should have no problem with those needs only, take a look : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
Thanks for your feedback regarding WETEK Play 2. Sounds good, but there seems to be no hardware bay inside so that i always need to plugin an external HDD.. :-(

What about the ZOTAC ZBOX CI323 NANO? I thinks its also very interesting because more flexible. As far as I see it has an hardware slot but no tv-tuner and you have to buy an remote control separately...

Is it possible to disable wlan and bluetooth at all, because I don't need it and don't want the devices to transmit data all the time?
Internal hard drive is not a great idea. You will fill it up eventually. Better to use a USB hard drive (WD My Passport), or a networked Hard Drive using a NAS.