Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Addon settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it is kind of confusing that you first have "PVR & LiveTV" in the Settings section, and then you also have to go to the Addon section to change settings for the PVR addon(s) you use. Think it would be nice if it was possible to access the PVR addon settings from the "PVR & LiveTV" section.
You can add your own settings in client specific settings.
This is already possible.
Possible for me as the user or something I should ask the addon developer to do?

There is two settings in client specific for me, using pvr.mythtv. Well, wouldn't call them settings, refresh channel icons or trigger channel update.
When I choose configure on the addon there is a lot more. More important actual settings.
@raptorj - I use pvr.mythtv as well and agree its a shame you can't access PVR Addon 'Configure' page directly under PVR&Live TV 'client specific' by default in a kodi install. This is where I looked for it first time myself.

Maybe other addons (e.g. pvr.vnsi) do this already using some mechanism which isn't implemented by pvr.mythtv.
It wouldn't be the only one...

It could probably be implemented using a 'client specific settings' option which takes you to the 'configure' page.
I've had a quick play: Easy to add an option, not so easy to get it to open the Settings dialog for that Addon.
pvr.vnsi has a custom coded dialog called 'Admin' driven from this menu which is independent of the 'settings' menu.

The standard Addon settings menu is driven by a generic Addon settings function based on the content of an xml file. Good design imo.
The real question is: How can an addon itself call up that settings window?

As it is likely that other PVR Addons would benefit from this, my take is that adding a 'shortcut' to the 'Add-on Information' dialog from within PVR&Live TV->"client specific" within Kodi's core PVR code for each enabled PVR client would be a better way.

Not a 5 minute job (at least for this part time coder!)
@metaron Atleast nice to hear that I'm not the only one with this whish. Someone more that understands the problem. It would be really nice to be able to access all settings from the same location. As it is now I really think it is confusing to new users.
Client specific setting is not setting. It is a menu to access hook actions for specific category. In mythtv addon we have some hooks displayed here: reload channels list, refresh channel icons.
I don t agree to implement myself a custom setting screen. One exists already and maybe it could be accessed from where you need.
Note: custom windows add dependency with skin. IMO pvr addon shouldn t provide custom sceen.