Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Control quality/bitrate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just discovered the plugin.

I have to say that it is all I was looking for. I have to houses, one of them with DVBViewer and RS, and I want to be able to access it from the other one. So I made a SSH tunnel with port forwarding and Kodi successfully reach my DVB RS of the other house, in other network. But my second house only has 8MBs internet speed, and most of the channels I have are HD with 7,2MBit, which makes channels laggy and not fluid.

Now, through the DVB RS web interface I can choose direct stream but also other qualities with lower bitrate, for that kind of scenarios I guess.

Can I do that with Kodi somehow?

Thanks in advance.
See https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/37

I'm waiting for someone testing the transcoding support.
Sorry but what exactly is transcoding? Is it on some beta or is yet to be implemented?

Also, what's the difference of RTSP enabled or disabled? If enabled, the tunnel does not work.

Does Kodi support teletext subtitles? They doesn't appear for selection, only when they are DVB...

Thanks!
Transcoding ist implented in Recording Service, it means to transcode streams to a lighter format (eg webm).
RTSP is an streaming Format. If not enabled, DVBViewer uses UPNP unicast.
Kodi doesn support Teletext subtitles, just enable it in dvbviewer recording service.
OK, so what's the difference in using RTSP or not? Any advantages or something?

I have all subs activated in DVB RS, but they don't appear on Kodi. I guess it's not supported? I can see DVB subs, but not teletext ones.

If DVB RS doesn't support transcoding, what is the option in the web interface where you can choose the bitrate?

Thanks!
rtsp is newer, for me its not better.

maybe my english is so terrible. i wrote recording service can transcode.
this options are for teletext, subtitle, all other audio streams (sorry for german in picture!)
But I don't use AV server.

So Kodi doesn't accept transcoding, right?

Thanks.
if you doesn't activate rtsp you use av server..
I have rstp activated on DVB RS but not on Kodi.
that means you use upnp av on kodi Wink check the checkboxes from my 1st screen and you will get teletext and subtitle and other audio streams if avaible.
Look, I have AV server unchecked, I have tried both. Actually, I have an SSH tunnel and the only ports forwarded are the web server and the live stream ones.

RTSP is disabled on Kodi. If enabled, the tunnels does not work. -> That's why I asked the difference, to check if I will miss some RTSP feature with my tunneling.

I have also tried to watch the channels from the AV server on my home network (no tunneling), with all options enabled, and the same happens. No subs.

Please tell me if I don't make myself clear. No matter how do I connect to the channels, those subs are never available.

Thanks in advance.
As skybird1980 explained in his first post, Kodi doesn't support teletext subtitles. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142333
He also said to enable it on the service, so I'm a bit confused...

Also, that thread says something about the subs not being correctly displayed (I think) but I can't even select it.

Thanks and sorry for the confusions.