Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recorded TV not showing any synopsis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My TV recordings are not displaying a Synopsis

In the description section of Kodi all i can see is this:

[16:9]|[stereo] [eng]|[Audio visually impaired] [eng]|[DVB subtitles] [eng]

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Check the output of http://your_rs_ip:your_rs_webport/api/recordings.html

I'm pretty sure RS hasn't saved more information. For whatever reason.
Hi,

I have checked the output as per your advice above. I can see a synopsis under 'info'. The associated TXT files stored in my recordings folder also saves the info, however does not show up in Kodi under 'my recordings'.

The strange thing is that all the descriptions within the EPG show up nicely.

Weird.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.
The info-Tag goes to plotOutline, the desc-Tag to plot. I assume your skin doesn't show plotOutline, so go to the PVR settings --> Advanced and change Put outline (e.g. subtitles) before plot to either In recordings only or to Always (always also enables the setting for the EPG).
Working ! Big Grin

Thankyou for your help
Hi,

I've just switched from Argus to DVBViewer Recording Service as my backend & i've struck the problem above. Where do you access "PVR settings --> Advanced"? I've looked through the settings in 16.1 & 17RC2, plus I've manually gone to the xml files, but I can't see where this is changed.

Thanks for any help.
I worked it out!

I was trying to do this on my Mac & worked out that the default skins are in the .app package, so I expanded the contents, drilled down to /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/MyPVRRecordings.xml & changed ListItem.Plot to ListItem.PlotOutline saved & closed, relaunched Kodi & all working.

Cheers
(2017-01-10, 01:19)logifuse Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you access "PVR settings --> Advanced"?

Settings -> Addons -> PVR -> $the_pvr_you're_using -> Settings
Ahh, thanks! Found that setting, changed it to always, changed the xml back & it's working perfectly.