Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help picking Kodi skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all a big Hello to the Kodi Community (since this is my first post).

Instead of searching trough loads of skins, i decided to ask experienced Kodi users (only been using Kodi for about a month and been amazed by add-on diversity ever since).
I plan on making my own build but i need a skin to match my needs, which are:
- custom home menu items
- Ability to have 20+ add-on's visible for each home menu item (be it vertical or horizontal home menu)
- Back and home buttons in add-on's (like in default Conlfuence)

I could even do with what Mimic is going for (custom menu items from within add-on's with no add-on images) but it's missing back and home buttons.
Or to sum it up, a customizable skin that allows me to have as many add-on's as possible up on the home screen for any menu item selection, and also have back and home buttons (plan to test out a lot of add-on's).
Plan to make the build on my pc and then back it up and restore it for my two android tv's as well (both low spec 512mb's of RAM).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Skins are like art, no one can tell you which is best for you. The best thing to do is install them and try them for yourself and since there is no limit as to how many skins you can have installed, you can try them all.

As for back and home buttons, if you are going to use Kodi with a keyboard or remote, then you don't need them on the UI.

Also, speaking of add-ons, keep in mind the Kodi Forum rules (wiki) and you should make sure you check out Banned add-ons (wiki) for which you will not receive any help for here.
Thanks, will try Mimic since it's the closest to what suits me, and will keep in mind the rules.
Thread moved to skin support section