Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Solved] Disable zoom cover on movie wall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to disable the zoom (or popup) of the currently selected cover when using the movie wall? I am using version 8.8.12 on kodi 15.

With the search function I found an old thread with the same question and an answer to change a setting in "Skin Settings -> Media -> Disable Focused Cover Zoom - Wall" but under Media I do not see this option. The description of the skin settings at the wiki also does not list this.
Hi hermessy.

Yeah, I changed some things in the skin settings to make room for a setting for lower powered devices.

Skin Settings > General > Enable low CPU power mode.

This setting will ask you to disable only animations or both animations and CPU hungry skin settings.
If you choose animations only, some animations will be disabled - including the Wall View cover zoom.

That's your best bet unless you want to edit the skin xml files.

BTW. If you're still using Kodi 15, I highly recommend updating to Kodi 16 or 17 as a huuuuge amount of new skin features are added.
Look in the official release threads for Rapier 9.x and Rapier 10.x for details.

Let me know if you have any other questions Wink
Thank you, changing that setting solves it.

Out of curiosity, which XML file should I edit if I wanted to choose that path?

I recently tried kodi 16 but that gave me errors on the extendedinfo script when browsing through the movie list. Unable to spend time to solve that issue I went back to kodi 15. When I have some spare time I will look into a newer version of kodi again. No urgent need from my side to upgrade because it works great for me the way it is.
Great. Remember that the setting also disables a lot of other animations.

To disable the cover zoom effect for movies by editing the xml's, open up ViewsMovies.xml in the 720p folder.
Look for the include "MoviesWallView".
Find the focusedlayout and delete all lines called something like
Code:
<include condition="![Skin.String(LowCPUPowerMode,Animations) | Skin.String(LowCPUPowerMode,Full)]">MoviesWallViewTopLeftCornerFocusAnim</include>
The animations are called TopEdge, TopRight, TopLeft etc etc with a total of 18 lines.

If you're editing the xml's, all your edits will be overwritten as soon as the skin is updated. And I strongly recommend always keeping the skin updated.

As soon as Kodi 17 is released, Rapier 8.x for Kodi 15 will be deprecated and no longer updated. So that's another reason to update Smile
You could go directly for Kodi 17 when it hits the final release, which shouldn't be too far away.
Ok, thanks!