Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi 17 beta7 bugs on my mac system. FYI developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Loving the 17 Beta but unfortunately having a few issues as listed below, if developers are interested. Running MBP retina OSX 10.2.2, with large Samsung 1920x1080 as second screen, extension of desktop mode, not cloned. Kodi 17.0 Beta 7

1) When mouse is moved outside the 'active window' of Kodi (even if fullscreen), the mouse cursor becomes invisible in all other programs until you randomly click it somewhere else.
2) Kodi makes my system 'forget' its screen arrangement of the multiple screens. Closing Kodi causes my system to suddenly 'remember' the correct arrangement.
3) Powering up my second screen causes fullscreen kodi to flicker once, then display on about 80% of fullscreen, with a transparent section at the top. Switching to 'windowed' mode then back to fullscreen is my workaround, causes it to go back to true fullscreen.
4) Starting kodi program, it defaults to fullscreen on my second screen, as I have set it up in settings. However, I also get a large, white blank window appear in my screen1, with the title 'Kodi Media Center' at the top but otherwise no content. I have to drag this off screen 1 to screen 2, where it becomes 'hidden' behind the fullscreen kodi proper.

Thanks for developing!
On this list, number 4 has been fixed in the kodi17 stable release. Numbers 1-3 are still not fixed. Please investigate when you can!
Update: Running Kodi 17.3 and MacOS sierra 10.12.5, still on my MBP retina with a large Samsung 55" TV as my viewing screen connected by HDMI.

Issues 1-3 below have remained since I first posted them. Issue 4 was fixed and never came back.

Yesterday 25/Jun/17, a new problem, I'll call "5) "
When i select 'Display mode:Samsung' on my remote app, as I have always done in the past to send the video to fullscreen on the TV, the Samsung screen now goes totally white, with the Kodi window becoming 80% fullscreen on the MBP screen, with a transparent band at the top. This is really confusing as it has never been a problem before; it always displayed fine on the TV. Furthermore, I can't move the mouse cursor outside of the MBP's pseudo-fullscreen. The cursor won't go into the transparent band, nor onto the second display area (white).

I have restarted the system, and reinstalled both the Kodi app and the remote app on my iphone. None of this worked to resolve the issue.

I think more tests need to be done by the developers with secondary screens connected, please. I love kodi's functionality, but ever since I started using it on my mac there have been buggy wigouts relating to my external screen. And connecting larger screens must be quite a common thing people want to do, no? Surely everyone isn't sitting hunched over their computer screens to watch content??

Does anyone read this shit...? No replies, makes me wonder
I read it. But that doesn't help. You state different behavior between versions but i can assure you that i didn't change any of that code. The whole windowing needs a rewrite on osx but nobody volunteered to do it. MrMC sorta did it but whenever i tried it it gave me issues even worse than what you describe. I have a dedicated kodi box so that use case having a mac running and turning screens on and off during kodi runtime is simply not a use case for me. I though can take my hackbook to my tv - attach it, expand the desktop, start kodi and move it to the tv with no issues.
Memphiz thank you for the feedback.

>>The whole windowing needs a rewrite on osx<<

Ok, well at least it's a known issue.

>>I have a dedicated kodi box<<

Ok.... Is Kodi moving away from users who do not have dedicated kodi boxes, or might there be some progress on a later build (please?) I realise this is free software and I'm not demanding, only asking.

Cheers
There is no official stance in stepping away from anything. But its not a priority for the most devs who i know i think.
Memphiz, what dedicated box do you have ?
Raspberry pi3 and wetek hub. Currently i am using the wetek hub mostly - with libreelec and a tivo slide remote.