Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where can I change an addons icon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I wanted to change an add-ons icon where would i find that? I assume its in the addons folder somewhere, but any exact location help would be nice. Also, what is the suggested pixel size of the icons (ie 300x300)?
Icons are located in the add-ons home folder - i.e. plugin.video.youtube folder for the youtube icon. I believe add-ons for Krypton should have the icons located in a resources subfolder. Icons can be up to 512x512. Be advised, Kodi caches icons and other images, so in order to load any changes you'll also need to delete the textures.db file and re-start Kodi. The textures.db file is located in the Database folder which can be found in the userdata folder.
nevermind, its in the add on folder as icon.png lol simple enough.

Icon size is 256x256 from the random one i grabbed
(2017-01-12, 01:36)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]Icons are located in the add-ons home folder - i.e. plugin.video.youtube folder for the youtube icon. I believe add-ons for Krypton should have the icons located in a resources subfolder. Icons can be up to 512x512. Be advised, Kodi caches icons and other images, so in order to load any changes you'll also need to delete the textures.db file and re-start Kodi. The textures.db file is located in the Database folder which can be found in the userdata folder.

awesome. Thanks for the cache tip. I would have thrown something after changing it and it not updating.
it's the cache playing tricks on you. it will apply after kodi restart (easiest approach). you do not have to nuke textures.db