Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I disable Controller rumble and edl Notifications.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please tell me where to the setting is to disable the rumble function on the controller? That is extremely annoying. Every time I turn the controller on it vibrates. Any time a plugin or add-on or anything updates it vibrates. It'd be cool if it wasn't so annoying. Even cooler if I could choose the conditions in which the controller rumbled like a new episode of my favorite show is ready to watch or something like that. Until something like that comes along I have to ditch that function.

Another function I would like to disable are the notifications that pop up when watching a show that I've created edl files for. I don't need a notification to pop up saying "commercial". How do I disable that?

Thank you for your help.
Controller? What controller. If it is some gaming thing, there was a recent thread so search away.
No. It's not a gaming thing. It happens when using an Xbox or similar controller as the remote for Kodi which I have done for the last 5+ years. However, Krypton now makes the controller rumble whenever the controller is on and Kodi generates a notification. So every time an add-on updates, library updates, etc the controller rumbles. It's annoying as hell and the fact there is no way to turn it off is a baffling mystery.
yeah i made a thread about this months ago

but apparently nobody wants to fix this.

how someone thought this was a good idea to add is beyond me.