Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton RC3 timeshifting problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My first impression of RC3 was beyond expectation: time shifting has improved enormously!

Some remarks about the new time shift status bar:

- it is not clear to me when this bar is displayed, and how to display it when it is not.
- I suppose that the time indication at the right hand end of the time shift bar should always be the current time, the same as what is displayed at the top right of the screen. Sometimes, the right hand time lags behind the current time. What does that mean?

That said, there is one big problem: During TV watching, every now and then Kodi and Windows completely lock up. CTRL-ALT-DEL does not work anymore.
I can't have debug logging on all the time (because of the annoying display), but the normal log stops long before such a freeze.

There are some DXVA errors in the log, though. I have disabled DXVA for now and see what happens.

Bart
You can initiate silent debug logging Log file/Advanced (wiki) with an advancedsettings.xml file.

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>

I'll move this query to a more apt forum.
I have now enabled debug logging, and disabled DXVA. No lock-ups yet.

Bart
I now had a lock-up. It happened at the moment that I pressed STOP on the MCE remote.

However, the debug log file is about 15 MB. I somewhere read that the Kodi team does not bother to read log files bigger than 1 MB.

So I guess this is a non-event.

Bart
Logs are useful if you're having issues, or just curious enough to have a look at the magic. No limits I know of and most logs are pretty big if you have debug logging on. You can reduce the size somewhat by turning off the new media scraper.
Quote:It happened at the moment that I pressed STOP on the MCE remote
The Team is looking for repeatable issues that can be replicated every time with a sequence of events. Some of the one offs, are so nebulous, that tracking them down becomes an issue of which time is better utilized elsewhere stomping repeatable bugs.

Sometimes it helps to just delete the logs (they will be rebuilt) start Kodi, and directly perform the action that will bring the issue, exit Kodi and your log will have enough relevance that even users can sometimes self diagnose. In your case, replace the remote with a mouse/keyboard and see if this is a remote keymap issue.
Hmmmm I've just witnessed something similar using Libreelec 7.95.1

Pressed stop, screen went black and Libreelec rebooted.... it's not easily repeatable however... i guess this proves it's not OS specific,
(2017-01-19, 01:11)AshG Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmmm I've just witnessed something similar using Libreelec 7.95.1

Pressed stop, screen went black and Libreelec rebooted.... it's not easily repeatable however... i guess this proves it's not OS specific,

I doubt that this is related to the thread's subject which is "timeshifting problems". ;-)
You are of course correct Ksooo, however it does relate to over 50% of the OP and to be honest I didn't take much notice of "time shifting problems" subject.

I just read the full post and felt I should add that it isn't a one off problem because I have witnessed the issue that Bartzorn is describing and to point out that I am using a different OS, which would suggest that either it's add on/back end issue as I'm aware that Bartzorn uses the same backend as I and presumably this hasn't been brought up by any other users that use different backends.
The freeze at the stop command just happened again.

The debug log file is 11 MB, it should be here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bya7T6A...sp=sharing

Regards,

Bart
OK, I suppose you guys were busy pushing out the final release of Krypton.

I am now running this release, and up to now, I have not seen the freeze at the stop command. Unfortunately, now I see a different one.

This is what happens:

- The system reboots.
- The DVBlink service starts up
- The system automatically logs on
- Kodi is started automatically
- the system is not used for a couple of hours
- I try to start a TV channel

At this point, Kodi dims the screen and shows the rotating circles. Nothing more. It does not react to any command.
From my laptop I verified that DVBlink is running and I can watch the channel with DVBviewer.

I killed Kodi using Task Manager.

Here is the debug log:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bya7T6...EFqcWpTdmc

TIA,

Bart
@BartZorn - similar issue, I have raised a support tick over at DVBLogic... I also reported on the forum here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306080,
as I originally didn't see your post....