Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Invalid Argument only with USB disk drives on Win Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Com,

i don't know if im right here, i have posted it on libreelec, but there is no reaction. So here is my problem.

Quote:i have a problem. I try to switch to kodi and i have some problems too add media source folder ofer Windows SMB Network.

My setting, latest libreelec alpha on an intel nuc and a windows 10 server.

in Settings i can see the Workgroup, and can enter the folder that are access granted to network. Then first time i was aksed for user:pw after successfull entering the credetnials i can see all the folders, and add some to kodi. But with some folders it does not work, strangely when i see it right, that are only folders they where stored on a ext. hdd that hangs on the Server.

Attached the log with debug enabled.

On other Systems running windows i can enter all folders.

Log Files

Greet's D3
So i have test some things, but no change.

Change in samba.conf the Workgroup to the same, as the Windows Server.
On the Windows Server i changed to things in the Reg..

[HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache]

Change from 0 to 1

[HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size]

Change from 1 to 3

But nothing happens.

When i connect with an Windows System how runs kodi to the SMB i can open all folders.
Seriously, its only the folders on ext. storage, all internal storages works.
:-( No one an idea ? Or can help me ?
Are you using homegroup sharing? Don't.
Eh yes, i use the windows homegroups, when you mean this !
Use proper SMB sharing, not homegroup.
(2017-01-26, 06:38)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Use proper SMB sharing, not homegroup.

Hm can you explane a little bit. Did i understand it right, should i go out of the homegroup and get the folders free for network ?

I have got an tip, but the same issue.

There is a known issue with SMB in the latest build of LE (7.90.x)
To get round it: Either
1) Add <server name> <ip address> to ./storage/hosts.conf and reboot
or
Access it directly in Kodi as smb://<server IP>/<folder>

I don't know why only the external hdds make this problem. All folders at the internal hdds works fine, but the 4 folders on the 2 external hdds dont work.
Here are actual logs. I tried all infos that i get, but nothing happend. When i install kodi on win 10 i can enter the folders, when i switch back to libreelec 7.95.1 the issue is back.
I have killed windows homegroups and give the folders free in network. But the same problem.