Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't Import TV Show and Weather Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm having a problem trying to import one particular tv show on my drive. I have a folder called The Flash with an mkv file in it labelled The Flash 2014 S03E09.mkv. I've tried renaming it in all sorts of various ways but it simply won't import this folder. I have a number of other tv shows on the same drive in a folder called TV Shows. They all import perfectly fine but not this one. So, I went to JRiver and imported it, which it did do and plays fine.

I just can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, on another topic. I can't see to get the weather to work. I've got the Yahoo Weather plugin installed and selected to use it. I setup Toronto as a Location. On the main menu when I select Weather, the only thing I see on the right had side is 0C. If I hit enter on Weather, same thing. No forecast, no graphics...nada. I must be missing something but can't figure out what. I'm using the default skin and Krypton.
Make sure the show's folder is called "The Flash (2014)" including the brackets. The scraper needs the folder to have the same name as the database entry, so if you don't have the brackets it might mix it up with the older version of "The Flash" (the one in the database as just that without any year identifier) which appears to be the 1990 version and only a single season.

No idea on the weather question, but maybe reboot, grab a debug log (wiki), upload it to pastebin.com and supply their url here to help us see if there's anything listed in there.
I suppose the title 'The Flash (2014)' might have grabbed it, bet it is was tripping up on the numbers without those brackets. Sounds like you're not connecting to the internet service, I just loaded in Yahoo weather and it seems to be working. There is more than one Toronto, I'm wondering if you have the city in Canada or someplace else. Ensure you have made allowance for Kodi to poke a hole in your firewall for these services. In settings>interface>other> are you getting RRS news feeds? Toggle it and see if they work.
The show is called Arrow on thetvdb. So kill the 2014.
I think "The Flash (2014)" is actually the correct show, and has 3 seasons in the database.

The scraper is picking up "The Flash" which is a previous version (done in 2011) and is in the database with only one series. Hence the scraping of an episode S03E09 doesn't work as it doesn't exist for that 2011 show.
Post deleted, I was confusing my shows.
You are correct, it should be named The Flash (2014)
The OP was looking for "The Flash" not "Arrow". If I remember correctly one is a spin-off of the other.

The Flash (2014) - 3 seasons

The website is having another funny turn so I can't link the 2011 "The Flash" series at the moment
I renamed the folder to The Flash (2014) and sure enough it imported it correctly. I did it for the file as well btw. So, I went back to all my tv shows and renamed them with the year in brackets just to make sure no future problems.

I double check what you recommended for the weather. I'll check later as my system is busy converting a large batch of blu ray folders to mkv.
No do not do it to all your tv shows. Look at the name on tvdb and name then identically. Only include the year if it is named with a year on tvdb.