Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Subtitles for Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had no luck in getting any subtitles "on demand" from within kodi while watching a movie.
I am quite confident the reason for any subtitle plugin or addon failing is because the subtitles are in a *.zip or *.rar file and the subtitle addon is looking for a *.srt or similar subtitle file extension.

Has anyone found a way to get this working, so that the addon extracts the subtitles from the archive and displays the subtitles?

Also, I have tremendous problems trying to find subtitles for a movie with second languages in them. I know this is often referred to as forced or foreign parts only, etc. but there are so many subtitles to browse through and quite often there doesn't seem to be any of these available.

I find watching a movie with English subtitles very difficult to concentrate on, as I end up reading them and missing the film.

I also find that if I am half way through a movie and there's a part with a 2nd language, that if I stop the movie, go into my browser, get the forced subtitle file, etc. copy it to the right location after I have extracted it from an archive, etc. when I return to the movie and set this as the subtitle to use, it very often ends up out of sync by many seconds.

Does anyone have any useful tips to avoid this happening? other than doing without or setting it up before starting the movie (as often that doesn't seem to fix it either).