Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: thetvdb.com always scraps "House of Cards"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently thetvdb.com always scraps all my newly added TV shows as "House of Cards" (fan-art and episode descriptions). I tried different TV shows, all with the same result.
I enabled the debug log (see logfile), as far as I understand it, it looks like this (I used the TV show "Transparent" as an example):
  1. It correctly recognise the title and search for it in thetvdb.com
  2. The correct link is returned (id 278334)
  3. After getting the file en.zip, it extracts it and ALWAYS finds fan-art and description from "House of Cards" (id 262980)

Strangely, when I download that en.zip manually via a browser, it contains the correct fan-art and description for "Transparent" (not "House of Cards")

So it seems to me the scraping goes fine, but when downloading or after extracting the zip-file, something goes terribly wrong.

(I also tried it with a TV show that had correct information: Removed the information from database, re-scraped it, now it has "House of Cards")

Anyone faces the same problem? What to do?
Btw, I also tried to put a tvshow.nfo (with the link to the correct data) file into the Transparent-folder. Kodi asks me if it should use these local information, but in the end it gives the same problems.
Even after deleting "House of cards" from my HDD, still the same issue.

No one has an idea how to fix that? Basically makes Kodi unusable for me at the moment :-(
Please post your debug on a paste site.
Delete your video database, it may have become corrupt.
That's a pretty radical suggestion.
I pasted it here (deleted all the unimportant log information): http://pastebin.com/fann8V8D

@HeresJohnny: I thought about that, but I would loose all my watched/unwatched information and many more details, so I only would use this as the last resort. Isn't there a way to clean up / repair the database?
No idea anyone? I don't want to delete my database...
I deleted the database and did a complete re-scraping, but still the same problem. All movies are scraped fine, but the TV shows are not. Only now all shows are scraped as "The Bing bang theory"

How I installed a different scraper (fernsehserien.de) which is using a different source website. Now all TV shows are scraped fine, so it is definitely a scraper issue.

Anyone has any idea how to solve it? The other scraper is really slow, I don't want to stick with it...
How did you delete your database may I ask?
Removing all media sources, and confirming to remove them from database.
Nope, that wouldn't help, only physically deleting it while KODI isn't running would guarantee a fresh start.
Hi Johnny,

Can you please give me details how to do that, and afterwards how to trigger Kodi to create a new DB?
To find the location of the database, please check Kodi userdata. According to your log you seem to have Openelec installed.
You'll have to remove the database via SSH from another machine using the command rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic*.*

Kodi will automatically recreate an empty database if it is missing, but you will need to rescan the entire database.
Deleting MyMusic won't do anything to the video database.
Pages: 1 2