Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Froze. LE 7.95.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm running LE 7.95.1 and was watching a video (h.264 in an mkv) when the video froze. A minute later the screen went black (I don't use a screensaver). I sshed in and tried a reboot. The screen stayed black and the Pi2 didn't reboot. I couldn't ssh in again and had to pull the power plug. Unfortunately, I didn't have debug logging enabled but here is the crashlog:
http://sprunge.us/BjJh

Hopefully, it's a one-off freeze, but because Kodi is RC and LE is Beta, I suppose it's best to report. I'll enable debug logging and upload a log if it happens again.
Are you over-clocking?
Any issues with power supply (e.g. warning symbols in top right of screen)?
I do overclock a bit. I've never seen the small rainbow square or lightning bolt. My supply isn't the "official", white Pi supply; but I bought it from MCM Electronics when I bought the Pi.

I guess either Kodi 17 pushes the Pi a bit more or my supply is degrading.

Code:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
v3d_freq=400
over_voltage=4
gpu_freq=400
avoid_pwm_pll=1
dtoverlay=sdtweak,overclock_50=84

If it freezes again, I'll back the overclock off. Any suggestions on which overclock can be backed off with the least performance decrease but most power decrease?
(2017-01-20, 16:53)doug Wrote: [ -> ]If it freezes again, I'll back the overclock off. Any suggestions on which overclock can be backed off with the least performance decrease but most power decrease?

I'd suggest disabling all overclock to start with. If the freezing stops then gradually increase the settings one at a time.
The arm_freq is probably the most valuable overclock for generally GUI responsiveness.
core and sdram probably come next.
v3d won't affect kodi much, but may help shader screensaver/visualisation and hevc decode.
(2017-01-20, 17:06)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-20, 16:53)doug Wrote: [ -> ]If it freezes again, I'll back the overclock off. Any suggestions on which overclock can be backed off with the least performance decrease but most power decrease?

I'd suggest disabling all overclock to start with. If the freezing stops then gradually increase the settings one at a time.
The arm_freq is probably the most valuable overclock for generally GUI responsiveness.
core and sdram probably come next.
v3d won't affect kodi much, but may help shader screensaver/visualisation and hevc decode.
Thanks!