Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recordings Display from Import
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to change the way that the TVHeadEnd PVR displays recordings? I have a bunch of recordings from a previous DVR as well as recordings from PlayOn that I'd like to bring over to TVHeadEnd. I'm running Kodi 16.1 so if it's fixed in Kodi 17, that is great!

Here is what I've done so far:
  • I mounted the locations where my recordings are currently located (which are on Windows 10 boxes) to my Raspberry Pi running Libreelec (Kodi 16.1) so that they are in /storage/recordings_import and /storage/recordings_playon.
  • I set up a channel in the TVHeadend backend called Import so that I can use that channel in the recording log files
  • I created a script that generates the files needed in the /dvr/log/
  • I restart the Pi and all of my recordings show up in TVHeadEnd backend
  • I look at my Live TV >> Recordings in Kodi and they appear in there as well

Issue #1
When I go into Live TV >> Recordings it has two folders: "_import" and "_playon". I can go into those and see all of my recordings but it would be nice if these were ignored and it just showed all of the names of the tv shows in the list.

Issue #2
When I go into "_import" and "_playon" folders, the title of the TV show is listed as well as the season subfolder. When Playon records to my /recordings_playon directory it will usually create a subfolder for the season (ex. Ash Vs Evil Dead/Season 2). I would like it better if it just showed me the title of the show without the season number.

Issue #3
When I go into a TV Show folder to watch an episode, it only shows me the title of the TV Show and not the title of the episode. I go into Ash Vs Evil Dead/Season 2 to watch an episode and I'm presented with a list of "Ash Vs Evil Dead" instead of what the episode names are. It looks like it is using the value in the "title" section of the dvr/log file instead of the "subtitle" value. It would be great if it would use the "subtitle" value instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just to shorten up the previous post:
It appears that the list of recorded shows goes by the folder structure and then the individual episodes are listed by the value of the show title.

Is there a way to have the list of recorded shows populated and grouped by the show title from the dvr/log file and then the episodes show up with the value in "subtitle" from the dvr/log file?
Got it figured out. I had the wrong config_name value that let's it know where the files are located. Once that was fixed, the weirdness of how things were displayed was resolved.