Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with Krypton when your User folder contains special characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm posting this mostly as a bug report as I didn't find a better place to report this. Currently, in the Krypton version, if your Windows User folder contains special characters, when installing an Add On (I tried installing all of the ones in the standard repository) nothing will happen. You'll get sent back to the list and stare at the same screen. No error notification at all.
After plenty of searching I discovered that Jarvis worked and was fine with that until the AddOn to change keybindings was also not working at all. After some google fu I found that to be the problem. So I decided to create a new user, named Kodi (no special characters) and randomly decided to check if that was also the problem with the Krypton version. AND IT WAS. It's working 100% fine in the new user.
I'm 99% sure that's the issue as the other user was also rather new at the time I first installed Kodi.

Just thought I'd share and if there's a solution other than constantly switching back and forth between two users I'd love it.
I believe there have been some recent fixes for this. Try latest nightly. Also I recommend using the general support / windows / forum for this kind of problem. If you still have the problem with latest nightly you need to capture and post a debug log (wiki) while attempting to install the add-on. Please ensure the add-on is not on the "banned add-on" list, as forum policy is that no support can be given on this site if the add-on is considered banned.

scott s.