Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv for Fedora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rpmvision Kodi for Fedora apparently does not include the pvr.mythtv addon. I found rpms on rpmfind.net for multiple Fedora versions but was not able to make them work. I attribute that to the statement that they support up to Mythtv 0.27. Of course , I now have Mythtv 0.28, after I upgraded my version of Fedora for no good reason. I would be happy to compile my own version, but wonder if somebody could point me to a step-by-step tutorial, since Janbar's instructions appear to be more useful for experts. (I did successfully clone the Jarvis branch onto my machine, but got stuck afterwards. Having not compiled anything for about 25 years, can I use make or do I need cmake? I do have a day job....). I guess my questions are:

Is there a repo for Fedora rpms supporting mythtv 0.28?

Where can I get much more detailed instructions to learn how to compile the janbar source?

Is it worth the hassle or should I through in the towel on Fedora and go to a Ubuntu based system?

Thank you!
Success, except I am still a bit confused what happened with the first error below, so if there is an understanding soul out there, I'd appreciate a comment.

I followed the README.md instructions from the directory /home/jdm/kodi:

Quote:git clone --branch=Jarvis --depth=1 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
git clone --branch=Jarvis https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.mythtv.git
cd pvr.mythtv && mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=pvr.mythtv -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=ON ../../xbmc/project/cmake/addons

and got after lots of encouraging looking stuff including this error:

Quote:CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:394 (message):
pvr.mythtv: invalid or missing addon source directory at
/home/jdm/kodi/xbmc/project/pvr.mythtv

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/jdm/kodi/pvr.mythtv/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

CMakeOutput.log did not reveal any more errors. I copied the whole pvr.mythtv (cloned above) into the cloned ~/xbmc/project/ directory and reran the cmake and make commands from janbar's README.

The compiled result appeared as ~/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv folder which I copied to ~/.kodi/addons/. Restarted Kodi and the pvr addon was installed and worked. Not quite sure what I did wrong to end up with error above, but everything seems to work again.
That s an error from the build doc for jarvis.
To fix it. Please use my branch devel-16 , which doesn t require kodi sources. The original repo is: https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv.git.
You will find instructions to build in the readme of the branch devel-16.

Repo kodi-pvr/pvr.mythtv is obsolete.
Merci, janbar!

I am also experimenting with my second computer, running Kodi 17 on Fedora 25. Used devel-17 and it works as well!

In case it helps somebody, I posted links to the compiled ZIP packages (Fedora 23 x86-64 with Kodi 16.1 and Fedora 25 x86-64 with Kodi 17.0) here.