Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot Update From 16.1 -> 17.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a total of 5 FireTV (gen1s) a couple that are rooted and a few that aren't. I have been successful in updating all but one (a non-rooted device). I have always updated via ADB with my mac using the install -r <update file> and have never had any problems. I didn't have any problems with the first 4 but for some reason I can't seem to update the last one. I went as far as removing KODI completely from this unit, attempted to side load a fresh version of 17.0 with no luck (KODI doesn't even appear in the applications menu). I have tried to side load an older version, starting with helix and working up to krypton. I was able to install, helix, isenguard, & jarvis, but not krypton. I finally resorted to deleting everything and starting with a fresh FireTV. I repeated the same process and still have no luck. I'm going out of my mind. I can get 16.1 to load no problem just can't update to 17.0. I have used the same Krypton APK for all the units. I even had a RC version that I tried but was unsuccessful.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I realize I can leave this one in Jarvis but would rather update to have the new skins present in Krypton.

Thanks in advanced!
I am having the same problem with my MXQ android box, I cannot update from 16.1 to 17.0. I also want to be able to update to Krypton, please help with any suggestions.

Thank you.
(2017-02-04, 17:32)jasonarao Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same problem with my MXQ android box, I cannot update from 16.1 to 17.0. I also want to be able to update to Krypton, please help with any suggestions.

Thank you.

I had the same problem but I ended up uninstalling and installing new version that's lesser effort than finding solutions for this
You need to backup ur addons and in 15 mins you will be done

Sent from my iPhone
Which version of android do you have on it? Kodi Krypton needs at least Android lollipop (5.x).

The other possibility is if you're using play store that your current Jarvis is a modified version and so the store doesn't recognise it as the same app as the "proper" Kodi from us.
I have version kernel 4.4.2 I believe & I had to reinstall the older version of 16.1 Jarvis. I couldn't even install the APK version is there another way around this to use the google play store or install a different way as a APK, please help, I really want Krypton installed.

Thank you.
(2017-02-04, 17:50)jasonarao Wrote: [ -> ]I have version kernel 4.4.2 I believe & I had to reinstall the older version of 16.1 Jarvis. I couldn't even install the APK version is there another way around this to use the google play store or install a different way as a APK, please help, I really want Krypton installed.

Thank you.

As DarrenHill tells you, you need at least android 5.0 if you want to install Kodi 17
You can't run Krypton on android 4.4.2 . There is no way to do it, as it doesn't have features that Krypton uses and requires.

Either your box firmware needs to be upgraded somehow to Android 5 (Lollipop) or higher, or you're stuck with Jarvis.
Thank you very much for the information & how to I update the firmware to a higher version ?
Ask whoever sold your box, or do some Google research. The normally recommended site is freaktab.com which may be a good place to start of nothing more official is available.

But boxes and firmware are nothing to do with us and not something we directly support here.
Ok thank you very much for the information.
(2017-02-04, 17:37)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]The other possibility is if you're using play store that your current Jarvis is a modified version and so the store doesn't recognise it as the same app as the "proper" Kodi from us.

Glad I read this bit as that may be why I can't get an update from play store, but I only tried that after trying all the release files as I've no idea which one is suited for my box: nexbox a95x amlogic s905x. Android 6, plenty of drive space, and 64 bit.

I tried to follow the FAQ on this page to sort which is correct for my device, but couldn't find the answer (maybe I'm reading right past it), and seeing as none of them would install I'm at a total lose now.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Arm 32 bit.
(2017-02-04, 20:32)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Arm 32 bit.

The first one of the three in the Android 'release' section, or the one below in the 'nightly' section. I've tried the former, I tried all three of the release files and only get "app not installed.' Could it be the same reason as I can't get an update from the app store, that is, a modified 16.1 is causing the problem?
Right, what worked for me:

I backed-up all my settings and pref's, saved them out, and wiped 16.1 from the box. Back to the app store and there was the inviting 'install' button, so I did just that. Installed without a hitch, let it run once, backed out, slapped my backed-up folders in and everything is grand. Happy lad. Y'all have a good Saturday.
The first one, the other two are x86 (NOT arm clearly) and arm64 (not 32 bit clearly). And release not nightly, unless you want to experiment with v18 leia.
Pages: 1 2 3