Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR recordings imported into NextPVR aren’t shown in KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m not sure if this is a NextPVR issue or KODI issue so I am posting in both forums.

I am able to successfully import recordings into NextPVR (NextPVR Settings > Recordings > Import Recordings) that were exported from NextPVR on another system (NextPVR Settings > Recordings > Export Recordings). That is, the imported recordings are displayed in both the NextPVR application (Menu > Recordings > Ready Recordings) and the NextPVR web interface (Recordings > All Recordings). The Recordings folder is set to the same folder on both systems.

HOWEVER, the recordings imported into NextPVR are not displayed in KODI 17.0 (Home > TV > Recordings). I am perplexed by this.
Never mind.

I found out that the NextPVR recording service did not have permission to access the recording folder - on a NAS drive. I changed the NextPVR recording service logon from "local system" to my own local account which does have permission to access the recording folder and now the imported recordings show in KODI.
I am having the same problem, can you explain your solution in more detail. Where did you change this permission?
The account that is used by a service to logon to Windows may be selected in the Windows "Services" application in the service's properties page. If I recall correctly the service's property page has a seperate tab for setting the account the service uses to logon to Windows.