Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD (Krypton) with transparency, extra colors and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Created custom colors for the default Kodi skin Estuary and I thought I would share them with you guys and gals.
Here is some screenshots of the colors with the transparency effect (more screenshots further in the thread).
UPDATE
With the extra colors, all the original Estuary's colors is now included with added transparency effect, link below.
ImageImageImage

UPDATE
All the mods from this thread + pkscout's mods, except for Artist Slideshow support, are included in this Estuary Mod addon below for a easier installation.

Pkscout's mods added:
- option to trigger music visualization screen when you start playing music
- ability to reorder and turn off home screen left menu items
- option to use small icons for the categories (makes it more like the original Estuary)
- option to hide home screen widgets individually
- added categories in TV category widget for X-NEWA and Pseudolibrary if those addons are installed

Link: skin.estuary.krypton.vitorp07.mod v.1.1 - added colors
If you want or need Artist Slideshow support install pkscout's mod instead, here is the link to his thread.
Thanks goes to pkscout for his mods, I will delete the addon if he is not ok with me using his mods in this addon.

EDIT
Here is how to install the colors mods and/or the transparency effect mods from this thread without installing the addon above.
*Before you proceed, you will probably need to change "permissions" of the skin.estuary folder to be able to make any changes to it.

Download and extract these zips: colors.zip & xml.zip *links will be updated whenever new mods are applied
- Replace Estuary's "colors" folder with the colors folder extracted from colors.zip
- Without deleting the folder, overwrite/replace the files within the Estuary's "xml" folder with the included files extracted from xml.zip
Works great thanks

Any idea how to make the menu bar more transparent?
UPDATE
Link in the original post now includes transparency effect to red, purple and all original colors.

@steviehaway
When you say menu bar you are referring to the left side bar seen in my second screenshot from my original post?
Without knowing how much transparency you need, I modified Includes.xml with 60% transparency, here is a screenshot.

Download and extract (link removed, see first post) and replace "Includes.xml" in Estuary's xml folder with the one downloaded from my Git repo.
Who thats amazing thanks for your help,

And yes the menu bar in your second picture,
Great work, by any chance are you working on anymore colours?
Was the 60% transparency menu bar what you were looking for? I like it and will keep it like that here too.

With all the original colors, red and purple I had no plan to continue, but if you or someone give me ideas of colors I will gladly look into it.
Yes the 60% works a treat,works well on my laptop thanks again, yes I am keeping mine the same, as I find the standard Krypton is dull, I like the fanart to stand out and have lots of colour,

On my main TV I am running OSMC on a Raspberry Pi, just wish I was able to make the menu on that more transparent

I did have the Schism Krypton build and on there the fanart is really colourful.
Thanks for the feedback @steviehaway

I will also try to match the "Categories" boxes with transparency asap.
(2017-04-16, 21:39)vitorp07 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback @steviehaway

I will also try to match the "Categories" boxes with transparency asap.

That would be great, Is there also a way to make the fanart stand out more?

Think it looks so much better now.
(2017-04-16, 21:51)steviehaway Wrote: [ -> ]Is there also a way to make the fanart stand out more?
EDIT
Now included in the colors folder, download link is in the first post.
Here is a screenshot
Much much much better cannot thank you enough.
Kodi is now starting to look amazing with all your hard work.
Thanks steviehaway,
I wasn't going to do these changes but you gave me all the ideas and I really like how it is starting to look.

I'm working on the "categories,genres and studios" boxes now, if someone wants to step in and help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Good news,
I got the "categories,genres and studios" boxes to match with the menu bar, here is a screenshot.

Download and extract (link removed, see first post) and replace "Includes_Home.xml" in Estuary's xml folder with the one downloaded from my Git repo.
Added transparency to the settings page, here is a screenshot.

Download and extract (link removed, see first post) and replace "Settings.xml" in Estuary's xml folder with the one downloaded from my Git repo.

PS. If many more mods are added, I will probably group them all in a Estuary Mod addon.
Pages: 1 2 3