Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Krypton Remote Shortcut to launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am sure this is an obvious quesiton. In prior versions of Kodi, I have assigned a shortcut key to launch Kodi, and mapped it to Harmony Universal Remote in order to launch Kodi.

In Krypton, I am not able to assign a shortcut key to launch Kodi.

The remote mapping says to use win+#. This combination powers down my computer.

Is there a keyboard command that I can use to launch Kodi?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
On my setup, win+# is actually win+1, which means "launch the first program pinned to the taskbar", in my case that's kodi.
Yeah--- I have a Harmony Ultimate and have a button assigned to win+2 (2 being the second icon location on my taskbar) to launch Kodi. Painless.
Great. I thought the tutorial meant the # sign. I will try that. Much less painless was being able to assign a shortcut key to Kodi. I cannot seem to be able to do that to the app version.

Any suggestions?
That method does not work. It works to launch the program. Unfortunately, when I shut down, Harmony automatically also powers off the computer now as a result.

I tried downloading the MCE keymapper, however, I guess since it is an older piece of software, it cannot modify my registry. Having a start command would really be handy (other than the win+#)

Best solution would be if i knew where Krypton was installed on the PC so that I could assign a shortcut key to the exe file.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Win+# works fine and has absolutely nothing to do with harmony powering off your computer.

This issue will instead be a result of you having kodi in harmony as a pc type device, along with the setting to turn devices off when no longer in use. When you "power off" the activity from harmony it will power off devices in that activity, ie. the computer, not just the kodi program.

I had this same issue and that was the cause. All working now however with win +1 to launch the program.
Isn't it better to use eventghost? I can't imagine using a remote without eventghost.
No need for eventghost.